◇15.THE UNEXPECTED RESULTS◇

Some days went by. I spent them by flowering my garden with all kind of Roses. Yeah , I love roses..because why not? They look so beautiful , they smell so nice and also they have got my name.

Stella asked me many times for shopping with her but I declined. Not that I didn't like shopping, but for now I don't want to spend money on stuff which is not necessary.

I heard the doorbell ring and my mother greeting whoever it was.
At first I thought it was my uncle,  but then he must be busy solving his imaginary mystery.

Suddenly the door to my bedroom burst open. It was Stella. Holding a shopping bag and grinning like a Cheshire cat.

"Hey! Get up , I brought something for you."she said ordering me.

I liked her this way. She was so informal. No formality of informing beforehand when visiting a friend . She behaved like I was her childhood friend. Well, what they say is true, Strong bond of friendship doesn't come from the years you've been together , it comes from the sincerity and honesty you have.

"Umm..what is it ?" I asked being a little shy and curious as well.

"Check it out yourself,"she said handing me the bag.

I just stood there , thinking about why she was giving this to me.

"Oh come on, I'll open it for you."she said snatching the bag from me.

She removed a box from the bag. Kept the bag aside and opened the box. I saw a cloth of beautiful sky blue colour with small Pearls on it.

Then she removed the cloth and displayed it in front of me. It was a beautiful sleeveless , boat neck dress. Pearl beads lining the neckline.

It was so beautiful and seemed so expensive that I found it uncomfortable to accept it.

"And before you ask , let me tell you that I didn't buy it. One of my friend's mom has designed this. She gave me some samples so that I can wear it to parties and showcase her work." Said Stella sending my uneasiness.

"But why are you lending me this? Is there any special occasion?" I asked curiously.

"First of all, I am not lending this..I am giving this to you forever and talking about occasion , did you forget it's my brothers' birthday?" She said raising her eyebrows mockingly.

"Oh, but I can wear a dress from some of my clothes . You don't need to give me such a pretty dress."I said sitting on my bed.

"Just take it already. I thought this colour would suit you. This is a gift from me. So this is yours now." She said keeping the dress in my cupboard which was almost empty.

I instantly gave her a big hug.

She broke the hug and said," I am giving that dress in return of the tasty pasta you are going to make for me. Your mom told me that you are really good at cooking it."

I laughed and dragged her to my kitchen. We ate the food while watching strangers walking on the road from my window.

After some time , Stella demanded for pancakes and my mom started making pancakes as soon as she heard her.

Mom was happy that I was enjoying my time with a friend. Not being alone sulking in a book or watching countless movies.
_________________________________________

The results came after a couple of days.  One day before it was going to come. In short , it was preponed.

We had Giselle and Katherine at first position , me and Aspen were on second and Brady on third.

"I told you , I would be on top."said Katherine coming from behind me.

"Umm..yeah congratulations."I said smiling at her.

"How is this possible? How can Aspen get these much grade points?" Said Brady in confusion.

"I am too thinking the same thing."said Ashton tapping his index finger on his chin and moving into his thinking zone.

"Bro ! I studied hard okay?"said Aspen.

"Tell this to someone else who is more stupid than me okay?" Said Ashton mimicking his twin which made us all laugh.

"We are meeting tomorrow right?"asked Ryan out of the blue.

"We are here talking about the unexpected results. Just go somewhere else." Replied Ashton still not leaving the topic.

"Ofcourse we are going to celebrate tomorrow. It's gonna be a double celebration."said Aspen excitedly.

"Yay!"jumped Giselle as Aspen finished.

"And don't forget to bring that movie I told you. We will have a movie night too." Said Aspen completing.

"Anything else Sir?" Asked Ryan as we chuckled.

"Oh yeah! I'll pick you up from your home Rose!" Said Aspen with a smile.

"It's your birthday, why would you take the trouble of picking me up when my home is far away from yours? I want you to enjoy your birthday ,Not waste it in picking me up , then dropping me off  to my house." I said paying back his smile.

"But it's not any kind of trouble, infact it's the opposite of ..." Aspen began complaining but was cut short by Brady.

"Yeah right."

Aspen smiled at Brady for supporting him and opened his mouth again for completing his incomplete statement
When Brady said," I'll pick you up Rose. Be on time."

"Bro?" Was what Aspen said before Brady left without listening to what I had to say.