◇14.NOT YOU AGAIN◇

The moment I stepped inside my house, I realised that I shouldn't have left like that, without informing anybody. After all the party was for me.

I was sure that I won't be able to step out again today but the thing is, they would feel bad , maybe a little irritated. They would think of me as an overly egoistic person.

But what can I do? I can't stand the fact that I liked someone who doesn't like me back, instead he likes someone else.

Keeping aside my thoughts for some time , I quickly changed into my night dress and laid back on my bed as I thought about things going on in my life. But me being distracted or weak is not gonna work. I just want peace and happiness.

I was at the edge of closing my eyes and sleeping peacefully when my mobile phone rang.

It was Ryan.

"Hey Rose ! I see you are a little late for the party...so ..should I pick you up?"He said.

"Uh?" Was was left my mouth.

"I mean Brady just called me and said that you were not yet at his place and he was just leaving to pick you up but I suggested him that since I am on my way I can help you." He said as a voice of starting engine came.

"Actually , Ryan. I am feeling really sick. I took my every part to try and come but I can't. Please apologize to everyone on behalf of me as I couldn't come." I said with a really tired tone.

He would've known that I was lying if we were face to face but the sleepiness in my voice helped and got him convinced.

"Oh God Rose , the party was for you. But It's okay don't worry, health comes first. Get a proper rest." He said and ended the call.

I woke up in the morning with no intentions of going to school. So I just told my mom that I wanted to take a study leave. Fortunately she agreed.
So I stayed at home that day and similarly missed the school for more days.

When I finally made up my mind and went to my so called high school,  I was met first by Stella.

"Rose." She came running and hugged me.

"How are you now? How are you feeling? " she asked worried.

"I am totally fine, as you can see." I replied with a smile.

The exams were coming in a couple days so no one asked anything for my reason of not coming , Everybody was focused on their studies.
_________________________________________
Finally, the day arrived.

"I'll be on top this time and I am absolutely confident about that."said Katherine particularly aiming to put me down (that's what it felt like to me) as we left the exam hall.

"Confidence doesn't work on overconfident people."I replied uninterested in her talks.

"Woah! Didn't your exams go well or what ?"asked Ryan  after listening to my rude response.

"I don't know, I am just exhausted."I replied.

"Oh ! Just wait for the results then. We will be having party anyways."said Ryan grinning at me.

What is it with these people having parties everytime.
Don't they have any other things to do?
Ofcourse the typical high school teenagers they are.

"It's Ashton's and Aspen's Birthday on the day results are going to be announced. So in case you are thinking about us having party all the time , it's just on birthdays."said Brady reading my mind as if everything was good and nothing happened.

Well, nothing had exactly happened if we see from the other side. So better not to get sad over the thing which is not in existence by anyone else's point of view.
_________________________________________
*tring tring, tring tring*
The telephone rang . I went downstairs and found mom picking up the call.

"Hmm...yes don't worry, I'll take care." She said being serious.
"Just be safe ...I hope..I uh..Stella's here."she was startled after seeing me.

"Rose!  Take this."she said keeping the receiver on the table.

Maybe it was some friend calling. Stella always called on telephone, also Ryan.
But why was mom serious?
Oh no ! I hope Stella is fine as well as Ryan. Also Ashton and Aspen.

I quickly grabbed the receiver before worse thoughts could enter my mind.

"Hello?" He said. My uncle , the least expected.

I was tired of hearing his theories and investigations.

I was about to cut the call when he said, "Rose! You have to listen to me this time. We have got hold of the person who did this break failure job in your dad's car. But ..ah ...he is not the exact killer. Someone told him to ..."

Before he could complete I said,"Stop now, I don't want to hear anything."

"Just take care of yourself Rose.The killer is still on the loose. They might try to harm you too. Just listen to me and please make sure that you trust the right person." He completed.

Yeah and I am sure that I am not going to trust you, I thought.