◇25.ONE SUSPECT DOWN◇

Brady's POV

"I- what?" I asked in confusion. I couldn't even think about me and Katherine together.

Though hearing her name now sends chills down my spine. I know that she's no more , but my mind would still take more time to accept the fact.

"That day when you had arranged a party in your home? I saw you..uh..I am sorry to peek through the door that day...but I saw ....you expressing her that you love her." She said moving a strand of hair behind her ear which I was itching to do.
But first things first, I have to clear this hilarious confusion going on in her mind.

"That day Katherine helped me to make some pancakes for you, actually ," I began scratching the back of my head ," I umm...was going to tell you about my feelings for you that day only. " I said being a little embarrassed on how I had planned it.

She too was shy to say anything so I continued with my story.

"I thought , I could make it by myself but then I literally have zero experience in kitchen. So Katherine came to help me. And I got over excited and that's what happened which I think you completely misunderstood." I said smiling at her.

"I- am sorry?" She said

I laughed at how cutely she was trying to apologise for the fact which she misunderstood.

I know I just confessed my feelings for her, but I want to know what she thinks about me.

I held her hand cautiously. She didn't take it back and let me hold her.

So I started,"I really like you Rose Sinclair. It started when you tried to calm me and took me to the park when I had an argument with Ryan. Anyways, would you ..I mean it's okay if you don't want to ...but I need to ask this."

Before I could form a sentence she nodded her head. Which I assumed was a yes. And it was indeed.

"Yes." She said with a mixture of nervousness, shyness and happiness.

"I- ...is this real?" I said not believing it.

She swatted a hand across my arm and laughed. Her laugh was so infectious that I couldn't stop myself from cracking up too.

As if remembering something important her facial expressions changed into serious one. Mine too changed mimicking her.

"What happened?" I asked nervously.

She removed a pendrive from her jacket which had a stick paper attached to it named 'The icecream parlour'.

"How did you?" I asked her my eyes widened by the thought that she stole it.

"I stole it." She said shrugging like it was not a big deal.

"I know , but why did you?" I asked.

"What? It was your idea right?" She said and raised her eyebrows hiding her smile.

I wonder how she keeps changing her mind.

"But you did not agree. You were not happy with us stealing the footage." I said

"No , I was not sure about stealing it but when you were talking with Lockwood , I found it easy to grab that pendrive without him noticing. So ...here we are." She said with excitement.

There couldn't be anything more romantic than solving a murder mystery with your girl.

Ahh..calling her my girl, has already made my heart skip a beat. I need to get used to this.

I quickly grabbed the laptop which was sitting in the backseat for a long time.

We saw the video.

Aspen after getting icecream left the parlour at 11.20pm

Calculating the time it must have took him 10 mins to reach his house.

So he reached at 11.30 but that was the time at which Ashton had reached.

"Gosh! This is Ashton's footage , not Aspen's." Said Rose voicing my estimation.

Her face fell , as we found nothing leading and informative as it was not Aspen's.

"Atleast , we know that Ashton is not lying. He reached exactly when the lights went off." I said

"But he met me at that exact time , so it was obvious that he was not lying." She said rolling her eyes knowing that I was trying to find something positive in our findings.

"Yeah...but maybe he was waiting outside and came at the exact moment? Anything is possible." I tried to throw a random theory.

"Okay!" She said raising her hands in surrender.

I laughed and started the car. Soon we reached our destination.

I was not ready to leave her presence so soon after knowing that she liked me back but I didn't have any choice.

"Umm...I should go...see you tomorrow?" She asked shyly.

"Yeah tomorrow." He said grinning.

"One suspect down." She mumbled and chuckled a little.

I raised one of my eyebrows and tried to get a clear view of what she had just mumbled.

But she had something else in her mind. She raised her height standing on her toes and kissed my cheek.

She hid her grin by covering her mouth and I found myself smiling affectionately at her.

She tried to leave but I held her hand pulling her back to me.

"What did you just say?"

"Umm one suspect down?" She said laughing internally.

"You suspected me?" I asked

"Yeah I mean , you were not telling us why you took me outside. Also Lockwood's theory was unignorable." She said stating what she thought of me.

I tried being fake sad at her distrust towards me.

But she knew it so she slammed against my arm again making me laugh.

I saw her going inside and then after two minutes her bedroom's light switched on.

It took me no time to see her figure watching me.

My phone buzzed. It was her text.

Are you going to stay here the till the dinner?

                                        If you want me to.

Leave now.
                           I am glad to know you                 
                           Like me back.

Okay.Bye.

I knew she was smiling. Her blunt text couldn't ruin that moment.