◇19.UNBELIEVABLE◇

We were sitting in the police station for last forty five minutes.

Everything felt so surreal. We were all in one piece just this morning excited for the birthday party.

And here we are in the police office , instead of being in the Hospital.

We don't even know what to speculate about our friends.

One thing's for sure , that Katherine is no more. I don't know if the others know but the way Mia told me , send really cold shivers along my body.

We don't know if Giselle is fine.
We don't know if Aspen is okay.

I hope at least they are fine.

Me and Brady were sitting next to Stella who was a crying mess in Ashton's arms.

Brady too was trying to comfort her.

While Ryan was still investigated by the new detective Giselle's parents had hired.

"It was his birthday. How can someone have a worst birthday like this. I don't believe it. The killer should have attacked me. It was your birthday." Said Stella crying in between watching Ashton in the eyes.

"Don't say like that, we will find out about what happened."Said Brady patting Stella.

Stella was no less when Ashton too started breaking down in intervals of 10 minutes.

Nathan brought himself to comfort Ashton and I went to handle Stella.

Just then Giselle's mom came rushing.
We all were a little scared about how she would react to us when she gets to know that we were there with Giselle when this happened.

I did't find myself to get and speak up with Mrs.Glick.

"How's Giselle Mrs.Glick?" Asked Ryan as soon as he spotted her after coming out from the detective's cabin.

She instinctively hugged Ryan and said,"She's better , some fatal substance has been removed from her body. It was good of you children who called the police officers as fast as you could."

We all relaxed a little at the news of Giselle being alive.

"Who called them?" Asked Mrs.Glick.

We all were watching each other to see who called the Cops.

"Ashton! You called the police officers right?" I asked him as I remembered his saying that.

He thought for a long then answered,"I don't exactly remember, I am kind of tired now."

"Yes , Ashton is the person who called the police officers , we checked everybody's call details." said Detective Lockwood.

Mrs.Glick smiled in her tears and hugged Ashton,"I am sure your brother will be fine too."

He smiled nervously when Stella asked," Mrs.Glick, is there something the doctors said about Aspen? How's his condition? How did this happen to him?

"I am not sure child, the doctors are still operating on him. Do you want to make a call to your Aunt?" Asked Mrs.Glick.

Stella looked from Giselle's Mom to Her brother Ashton for some confirmation.

"No Ma'am it's fine."said Ashton with a sad a smile.

"You are next Ms.Sinclair , and then Brady Ripperton be ready."said the Detective.

I wonder if my mom had even been informed. I had completely forgotten about her. When my phone rang.

"Where the hell are you Rose?" Shouted my Mom which happened very rarely.

"Mom! Listen to me carefully." I said nervously.

"You listen to me Rose! I am in the hospital and there has been three cases of teenagers being attacked. One of them is Adkins. It was his birthday right?"asked my Mom sensing the tension.

"Mom please come here. I'll tell you everything."I said telling her where I was.

"Mom! Tell me How is Aspen?" I asked.

"Okay Rose , I don't want to give you any information about your friends on this call. Wait till I come. Take care."she said cutting the line.

I entered the room in which the detective was asking questions one by one to us. Ryan, Zayn, Nathan had their turns before me.

"So, are you okay doing this?" Asked the detective.

"Doing what?" I asked.

"Are you comfortable answering my questions right now? If not then we can take this later."he said with a soothing tone.

"Yeah. I am fine. Ask," I said.

"So tell me how was your relation with Katherine?" He asked.

"We were not that close , but we were friends. I cannot believe she...she is no more." I said controlling my emotions.

"Okay what did you see when the lights went off." He asked which was ironic.

But I answered,"I entered the House and saw Mia crying. And my eyes went to the person lying in the corner. When I focused , it was ...Katherine with blood ...."I gulped ,"I am sorry I am not able to form any sentence." I said tears now leaving my eyes.

"No problem , we will change the topic. You said you went inside the house. So, should I assume you attended the party late?" He asked even though he must have known that I was before that in the house with Ryan's introspection.

"No..uhh..Brady took me outside. He said he wanted to tell me something." I said.

"And.?.." the detective asked.

"That's enough now." Bursted in my Mom.

"Mom!"I hugged her and cried hysterically.

"How come you not inform the parents of children who've been taken directly to the police station? Is it not your responsibility Mr...?" My Mom said rage  flaring in her nerves.

That was when I realised how careless the officers were when they didn't inform our parents.
I hope they were not like this when solving the case.

I still wondered if this was some kind of nightmare or what. It didn't at all seem real.

 It didn't at all seem real