41

Rosé returned to Su Yuan apartments at almost one in the morning

Rosé returned to Su Yuan apartments at almost one in the morning. Jaehyun was dozing off on the sofa. When he heard the sound of the doorbell, he immediately woke up. He furrowed his brows when he saw an exhausted looking Rosé. "Why are you back so late?"

"No reason." Rosé calmly shook her head, then headed for the bedroom. She opened the door, and glanced at Minhee sleeping soundly on the bed, then quietly closed the door. "I'm really sorry to make you stay with Minhee for so long today."

"It's no problem." Jaehyun picked up his jacket, got up, and just as he walked over to the entrance to change his shoes, ready to leave, he added, "Are you all packed?"

"Yeah." Rosé nodded flatly.

"Then I'll come over and pick you both up tomorrow at eleven."

After Rosé saw him out, she collapsed onto the sofa. She stared at the glistening lights outside the window, and felt stifled by her heavy heart.

•°. 🌻 •°.

Rosé barely slept that night. Minhee woke up before seven, so she ate breakfast with her and played with her for a while before she started to pack her suitcase.

She had lived back Korea for no more than over a month, and yet she seemed to have bought so many things. She shoved all of it into three full suitcases before she was finally done.

At eleven, Jaehyun knocked on the door right on time. He first took the suitcases down, then went back up to carry Minhee.

The road to the airport was clear. They reached the airport at twenty to twelve, then went through check-in and baggage check. Just before security check, Rosé received her plane ticket. She glanced behind her, looking like she was contemplating something.

"Chaeyoung?" Having already passed the safety check, Jaehyun saw her frozen in her place and couldn't help but prompt her, "What's on your mind?"

Rosé snapped back to her senses and shook her head at him. She handed her passport, ID card, and plane ticket.

•°. 🌻 •°.

Chan had been sulking ever since he came home yesterday. He didn't really eat dinner, and had been sitting in the playroom since the early morning. No matter how Lisa and Madam Chen tried to cheer him up, he would just silently play with his wooden blocks.

The next day, Chan was as he usually was. He woke up early, knocked on Lisa and Jungkook's room, then cried for them to get up and take him to kindergarten.

In the morning, it was Jimin who took Chan to kindergarten. The boy sulked the whole way there.

If it were before, Jimin would've definitely teased Chan, but Chaeyoung was going back to America today. Every now and then he was a little agitated, let alone in the mood to tease the kid.