32

Time flew by

Time flew by. In the blink of an eye, spring had gone and summer had come, the summer was over and autumn arrived, autumn left and winter came. On a heavily snowy night, one week before Lisa's due date, she was suddenly woken up by a sharp pain. She instinctively reached her arm out and pushed Jungkook beside her.

He quickly woke up and asked, "What's wrong?"

Right after, he was instantly wide awake, for he heard Lisa's painful groans. He swiftly turned the lights on to see Lisa's pale face and the drenched sheets below. Her water had broken!

Because Jungkook hadn't a clue about giving birth, he took enough preparation classes in advance to welcome their child into the world. Despite practically being half a gynaecologist, he was still evidently lost in fear at such a predicament.

He practically jumped out of the bed and landed on the ground. He first called the doctor, then without even bothering to get changed, he carried Lisa, and ran down the stairs.

Lisa was in so much pain, her entire body curled up. Seeing her like that, Jungkook was even more shaken. It took him two tries to start up the car engine.

It snowed heavily. The streets were covered in white, and the temperature was so low that it was snowing. Jungkook drove so fast that every now and then, when he would make a turn, Lisa could hear the tires screech. She endured the pain, and instinctively said, "Jungkook, don't be so worried..."

Don't worry? How could he not be worried?

He was truly happy that she was pregnant. They finally were having a baby, and their family was finally going to be complete.

But now, seeing in just how much pain she was, the immense happiness he felt was replaced with fear.

When they reached the hospital, Jungkook practically jumped out of the car once he had barely turned the car engine off. Without any grace at all, he barged into the maternity ward.

•°. 🌻 •°.

The moment Lisa entered the delivery room, Jungkook was left all alone in the corridor outside.

Every now and then, Lisa's heart wrenching screams could be heard from the delivery room. Her cries left Jungkook scared witless. For someone who was always mentally strong, he actually felt flustered as to what to do next. Eventually, when he reached the very end of his wits, he couldn't care too much anymore. He pulled out his phone and called Jimin, Taehyung, Jennie, his assistant, Jisoo, all of them to come over.

Jimin was the first to arrive. Just as he came out of the elevator, he heard Jungkook's voice traveling through the corridor.

"What's going on? It's been almost an hour now. Why is she still in so much pain?"

As Jungkook said this, Lisa's screams came from the delivery room, causing him to cry in distress. "Lisa! Lisa! How are you doing?"

Then there were a series of frantic 'dong-dong-dong' kicking sounds against the door.