27

The apartment was pitch dark

The apartment was pitch dark. Jennie turned up the lights and scanned the surroundings. When she saw Taehyung's things, the unfamiliar tearing pain returned. Even though she hadn't done much the entire day, she felt as though it was one of the most tiresome day of the past few years. Exhausted, she slouched onto the sofa, staring blankly up at the ceiling. Just then, her phone rang twice, indicating a text.

After a moment, she turned to glance at her screen, the words "My Love" obvious there.

My Love... Jennie froze, it took a while for her to process who it was... Even though she was the one who saved the name, why did she feel so uncomfortable about it?

Without looking at the contents, she first changed his name to "Jungkook", hesitated slightly, then after a moment changed it to "Brother-in-law".

After Jennie confirmed the change, the phone rang another few times—all the texts were from Jungkook. When she saw the name "Brother-in-law" pop up several times, she felt a strange sense of comfort.

The first text was a photo. It was a sky blue dress that was hanging in a closet, and below it were a pair of heels from the same collection.

Jennie stilled slightly before scanning the next message.

[It's Jungkook, even though you never agreed to attend my and Lisa's wedding, and even though she knew that you didn't want to be part of it, she still specifically ordered a gown for you. Lisa is not aware of the incident with the voice recorder and rest assured, she will never know about it.]

Even though the text was short, Jungkook's straight forward nature could clearly be felt.

She slouched back and stared at the photo intently.

After about three minutes, wetness started to collect in her eyes. Gradually, she could no longer hold it in, bursting into tears.

Three years ago, when she and Lisa were watching television, she had specifically commented on a particular bridesmaids dress. At that time, she had said that she was definitely going to be Lisa's bridesmaid in that exact dress. And even added that she was going to look so dazzling she would be able to suppress the bride.

A that time, she had treated it as a joke, never expecting that one day Lisa would actually order that specific dress to be made for her.

Back then, the TV scene was fleeting... She had watched a rerun the next day, was it to get a better picture of that dress?

And what did Jungkook's last sentence mean?

Lisa had been in love with him for ten years and he too had been in love with her for that time, but because of her selfishness, she had caused a willing couple to be entangled in misunderstandings and hardships for such a long time.

Park Ara was wrong, but if she hadn't misled her into believing that Jimin liked Lisa, the tragedy wouldn't have happened...

Lisa hadn't done Jennie any wrong, it was Jennie who had wronged her so why did they buy so many of her favourite things when they came over? Why did Lisa continuously offer up her goodness? Why did she disregard her own pregnancy to save her when Tzuyu bad mouthed her? Why did she prepare a gown for her even though she knew that she wasn't going to attend?