Thirteen

It felt like the air had been taken out of N'ijah's lungs. Nothing could have been more violating than this.

"Read it, please." Her voice shaking, N'ijah felt any sense of good work towards Desiré drip away from her.

You may be wondering who I am. Little old me? Well, if you must know, I am Desiré Richards, and soon I'll be Mrs. Jamari Ellison. You see, Jamari Ellison. had an affair with me. In his own home! And his poor wife-the darling, she really was too kind to a woman fucking her husband-was oblivious to it all. Why, you might ask? Hej wasn't satisfied with his wife. She couldn't do even have children! Well, until now. But there I was, beautiful and inviting, and he couldn't wait to get me alone. Perhaps that's why she left- she must've hated to see him so happy with another woman. I was-and still am-his pride and joy. His piece de resistance. The Apple of his Eye. And I'm here to tell you the name of the product of me and Jamari's love: Iridessa Fayre Ellison. Cute, right? Thank you, N'ijah dear, for giving it to us. Its an amazing fit for our new child.

"If I go on, I might be tempted to kill her. So don't even think about asking." Zalma gritted her teeth and slammed her phone down on the table, almost breaking the screen.

N'ijah looked at her desk, tears prickling at  her eyes. She couldn't believe it. That bitch, she wanted to scream, but she couldn't. N'ijah had to be the bigger person, even though she didn't want to. The baby in her didn't deserve to get hurt because of petty actions, no matter how hurtful they may be.

"I need a break. I'm going home. You should go home to your husband. And don't fight me on this. I'm fine. No need to worry about me." N'ijah croaked out, not looking Zalma in the eye. She didn't want her to see the tears in her eyes, nor did she want Zalma to see her break down again.

"I'm only leaving because if I didn't, you'd tell your security to escort me out. I love you, N'ijah. Please take care of yourself." Zalma left, leaving N'ijah in her office. N'ijah let out a breath, and with that breath, the dam that was holding back her tears broke.

Calling Darius, she asked him to bring around her driver just this once. Darius, sensing the distress in her voice, took it upon himself to take his car and escort her home himself. Hurrying out, he jumped in his car and only narrowly missed the red lights. Going almost 100 miles per hour in a 80mpr zone, Darius sped ahead.

It hadn't even been 5 minutes since N'ijah hung up, and there he was, already telling the employees to close down early. Darius got everyone out of the shop first, and then went over to the second floor, a floor unknown to everyone but the employees and a few close friends.

Darius carefully opened the door, seeing N'ijah in all of her beauty. Even when she was crying, her eyes pierced you, and you'd never feel the same after. Snapping himself out of whatever that was, he took N'ijah's bag and cost, which the owner of who was still mumbling about some random nobody cares about.

With N'ijah in tow, he took her to his car, helped her get in, and headed off to her house.

Silence. That's all there was. The sunset was starting, and N'ijah was looking out the window, clearly embarrassed. Darius, on the other hand, was over his head. He was shaking, and his grip wasn't steady, a clear difference from before.

As they pulled up to her house, Darius felt a very weird feeling. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't the absolute best leader. As N'ijah thanked him, got out of the car, and walked away, he realized it. He liked his boss. This was bad. Very, very bad. Darius drove away, confused at his feelings, but at the same time, very understanding of what this new "development" meant.

I'll have to keep a little distance now, huh?

...

Niya was over, along with their mother and father. Today was the day before she was supposed to give birth, and N'ijah was very anxious.

"Awww, my baby's having a baby!" Nyala cupped he daughter's cheeks, holding her as tightly as she could.

"Momma, I'm almost 29. I'm no longer considered a 'baby'."

"Shut up and let me love you, luh girl." Her mother grabbed her very fragile daughter and started to dance with her, amusing both Niya and their father.

Happiness was not the word to describe N'ijah at this moment. There wasn't even a word for it. Around her family, N'ijah was truly herself. And one of her family members would be here very soon.

Twirling around the room, she switched from her mother to her father to her sister, around and around until they were all too dizzy to continue.

"My little angel." N'ijah's head was in her father's lap, just like when she was a kid. In fact, her mother snapped a photo, and compared the two. It was eerily alike, but the love in both of the photos were very present. The Smith family was a family of good times and loving nature, and N'ijah loved it, as they loved her. She was glad she was bringing her son into the most accepting, loving, caring family she could ever think off.

Taking her ass to bed, N'ijah was still very content. The night was still young, and she hoped she was too. After all, they say only you g people find love. And that's what was on her mind: love. As she fell asleep, N'ijah dreamt of love. Of someone who would understand her. The months without him were eye opening to her. She couldn't believe she had let him do all of those things to her. But she was going to be stronger now. Not only got herself, but for her new family, and for her son.

...

A sharp pain woke her up, and immediately she knew what was going on.

"It's happening!"

.

.

.

Heyyyyy 😭🌚
I'm soooo late
I DO have an excuse: SCHOOL, the ugly ass thing that I HAVE to do smh 😐

But anyways...
Thoughts in the chapter? I'm always welcome to CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and ways to improve

Please vote, comment, and share! It really helps me grow and shows that people actually like my shit lol 🤪

Xoxo, Mika 💗