Four

N'ijah herself started to leave the house more, to hang out with friends, and to talk to investors. Her dream was to open up a fashion boutique for black women to get their own designer clothes, and she'd mark the prices down so that they could afford them. She didn't want to spend Jamari's money, especially since they already think she's a gold digger. So, she's doing this on her own.

As they had gotten closer, Naji and N'ijah hung out more, even sometimes bringing Zalma and Andreas around. It isn't a date, N'ijah had to convince herself. She'd never cheat, and she was sure Jamari wouldn't either. 

"Ji, I don't trust it." Zalma told her as the both of them were shopping one day. They decided to have a Girls Day, and later they'd go clubbing.

"You said the same thing my mom did. I know Jamari isn't cheating. In fact, he's been spending lots of time on me, and we even have a vacation planned for next week. A 'second honeymoon', he called it." N'ijah excitedly said. They were going to be together, alone, for the first time in almost 2 months.

"Even so. Maybe it's a distraction tactic. You never know what these men are up to." Zalma teased, and N'ijah rolled her eyes.

"You are so dramatic. Can we go up to the register before someone tries to cut in front of us?"

"Ok Massa. " And they both laughed, getting crazy looks from the other people in the store.

...

"You done?" Jamari asked N'ijah, who was currently struggling to get her bags onto the baggage thing. They were on the plane already, and she was the only one standing in first class.

"Almost. Could use a little help, you know." She hissed back, but he turned to face the window. Rolling her eyes, with one final push she got her bag in, and sat down on her seat excitedly. Jamari wrapped his arm around her, and she felt butterflies, like the ones she felt as a teenager.

"I love you, you know that." He whispered, and gave her a gentle kiss on her lips, making her smile. If only she knew then, that this vacation would cause a series of events only she wasn't ready for.

...

After a long flight, they arrived in St. Lucia, the same place they went after they got married. Same hotel, even got a room on the same floor. It seemed to her Jamari wanted to reignite the old spark they had, and N'ijah was ready to lite the match.

"After you, Mrs. Ellison." Jamark deeper into a bow as he opened the door for N'ijah into their hotel room. As she laughed, she felt content. This was the Jamari she knew, loved, and married.

"This is all for you

"This is all for you. I know that I've been neglecting you for work, and I know you feel that I'm getting distanced from you," He came towards her, holding her hands. "I just want to show you how much I really love you."

N'ijah blushed. She hadn't been intimate for so long, she was practically inexperienced. She pounced on him, wrapping her legs around his waist and taking his shirt off. As they started to kiss passionately, his calloused hands roughly roaming her body, the sound of his phone ringing silenced the mood as quickly as it came. He rushed out the room into the bathroom, and again, left her all alone, in a big empty room, this time sexually frustrated.

By the time he came out the bathroom, N'ijah was knocked out from exhaustion and just pure irritation. He left her, and slipped down the hall, down a floor, and knocked on room 2R, where Desiré happily opened the doors as if she was waiting for him.

"Hey, Mare. I've been waiting for you." She said, wrapping her arms around his neck to pull him closer to her short but full figure. Her slinky silk robe slipped off as he came closer. Coming in, he pulled the door closed, and the sounds of adultery, not yet known to N'ijah, were heard all across floor two and beyond.

...

The weeks passed by, almost in a blur. Different events, different people, different places. N'ijah was happy to just finally spend real time with her husband, to be alone and intimate. To be loved. To feel love. And as the days went on, and they got more intimate, a new possibility popped up, in the shape of a little bundle of joy.

N'ijah feel back in love with Jamari, and felt like he really did love her. Her doubts left her like snow under the sun; slowly at first, then faster than you can see. She was ready to try again, and that led to the most love making they had in their entire marriage so far.

And then, when they got back home, she immediately took a pregnancy test. Jamari and their families were with her, waiting for the results.

"Are you ready?" Desiré asked. As nervous as she was, N'ijah nodded, and shaking, took the test from her hands. As she saw the results, she started to cry.

"I'm pregnant!" She cried out to everyone, and her mother immediately came to embrace her

"I'm pregnant!" She cried out to everyone, and her mother immediately came to embrace her. Jamari was right behind her, still staring in disbelief at the test in his hands.

"I'm so happy for you!" Nyala said to N'ijah, happy that her daughter was finally getting her little family after all the pain.

"I guess that means no more alcohol." N'ijah said, looking sideways at the bottle of champagne that was there if she wasn't pregnant.

"That's right. My little bun is in there." Nyala rubbed her stomach, pulling N'ijah closer to her. She was glowing, and everyone could see that beautiful energy almost bouncing off of her.

. . .

Desiré POV

As she started to cry, in a way, I felt happy. She, that woman, is married to the love of my life, my soulmate. My person.

"I'm pregnant!" She cried out, and my heart broke as I looked at Jamari, who locked eyes with me while looking down at the test in my hands. Instinctively, I rubbed my belly. I wasn't showing yet, but I would soon. By that time, though, Mare would put me somewhere else, and bide his time, waiting until their eighth anniversary.

I will have everything she does: the man, the baby, the riches. She will be left on her own, with nothing. I will be her his true love. She couldn't even have a baby in 7 years. I can, and I will. Nevertheless, Jamari will be mine, and everything she had will be mine.

.

.

.

hey y'all 🌚
Y'all like it?
PLOT TWIST (not really)
What do y'all think?
This probably might end up being a shorter story, so be warned
Please comment, vote, and share! It helps a lot, and helps me grow❣

Xoxo, Baddie 💖