Twelve

"Are you serious?!" N'ijah exclaimed, after hearing that her son's half sister was just born. And that Jamari gave her their deceased daughter's name.

"Why is it such a big deal? Its just a name." Jamari replied. N'ijah was so incensed, she cursed him out fit a straight minute, then hung up the phone, blocking his number for the fifth time that week.

Lying back down in her new bed, N'ijah started to reminisce. That was her daughter's name. One she picked out and loved. One she spent days looking for. One that she'd never forget.

I really like this one, N'ijah had said only a few years prior. The happy couple was sitting in their posh living room, searching up baby names and colors for their precious baby girl.

What is it? Jamari had asked, ready to find out what they'd name their daughter. He was so excited to be a father, N'ijah remembered.

Iridessa Fayre, N'ijah smiled while saying it, meaning it was really the one. Jamari looked over at his beautiful wife, wondering what he did to deserve her.

Little did either of them know, in a week, something would happen that changed everything.

Tears started to fall, running down her cheeks like rivers as N'ijah remembered the times that she thought would be the best in her life. It had been almost a year, and her life was in shambles, crashing down at her feet. She'd lost her love, her first everything. What would she lose next? 

...

She didn't know when she fell asleep, but she did, and when she woke, her pillow case was soaked in tears. As she rose, her head was light and as dizzy as she was, N'ijah fell back onto her bee, safely.

zal💗: im leaving for a few weeks with Andreas. I'll see you soon Ji, I love you
: have fun! Don't worry about me. Have a good time and make me a godchild!
zal💗: you so stupid! I'll call you when I land
:love you

As N'ijah shut off her phone, she realized that she couldn't be wallowing around in pity any more. She wouldn't allow Jamari to rule every aspect of her life anymore. She was going to boss up, and she'd do it on her own.

...

Only two weeks later, N'ijah was approaching her due date, but that didn't stop her. Today was the opening day for her boutique, and everything was going perfectly. Aesthete Boutique was finally here.

The beautifully styled shop was N'ijah's new obsession. From Dior to Telfar to Niccola, it was a full luxury store for half the price.