Five

Desiré's POV

That woman is going to mess up my chances if she's pregnant. I need to do something. And I need to do it fast, Desiré thought a week after, when N'ijah went to her first ultrasound. Jamari had already bought her an apartment, and gave N'ijah a fake excuse on Desiré deciding to move out to give them more space. Like she needs it.

Desiré felt like she deserved better than the side chick. She wanted to be Jamari's everything, and she was going to have what she wanted.

So the next time Jamari came over, immediately she got him drunk and seduced him.

After, as they were laying and talking together, they talked. A lot. And Desiré wouldn't give up the topic of divorcing N'ijah.

"Baby, you know I can't divorce her, seemingly for another woman. My image would be tarnished, and it would take me the longest time to get it fixed."

"But, she doesn't love you like I love you. I'm going to give you your first child. I'm the one who's given you everything. In fact, look at this." Desiré pulled out her phone and showed N'ijah at the reunion talking to Naji. Jamari's rage level was through the roof.

He was so mad, in fact, that he jumped out the bed, hastily got dressed, and left the apartment complex. He got in his car and drove to their house, passing almost any speed limit.

N'ijah's POV

"SO YOU'VE BEEN CHEATING ON ME?" He yelled out, startling N'ijah as she finished signing the deed to her new boutique.

"Cheating?" She repeated, sending the former owner out the door with a thank you.

"Yes, cheating. The one night I don't go out with you, you cheat?" His nose was now flaring with anger.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I have never cheated on you. I'm pregnant with your child, and by the way, the ultrasound was today. So thanks for coming." She replied calmly, but was annoyed. N'ijah felt ignored, and he promised he wouldn't do that

"Is it even mines?" Jamari questioned, and N'ijah had had enough.

"Is it yours? IS IT YOURS? If anything, I should be asking you if you're cheating, because you've been anywhere but our bed. I've been faithful to you, so don't try and come at me after I've had a stressful day and say some shit like that! Fuck you, Jamari." N'ijah stormed out, stressed all the way out.

She heard the front door close, and N'ijah started to cry. Of all the things he could've came to do, like apologize for forgetting about today, or come to comfort her after the doctor said that she might have another miscarriage, but he decides to accuse her of the one thing he knew she wouldn't do.

This started the unraveling. Little did anyone know, this was the start of the end.

...

They still hadn't made up, even after three weeks. Jamari was nowhere to be found, and with appointments and important papers and everything, N'ijah was overwhelmed. The stress was getting to her, and she worried about the tiny baby growing in her.

As the lonely nights seemed to grow longer, N'ijah started to doubt her husband. She didn't want to, but the thoughts were there, and they wouldn't stop growing. N'ijah felt as if there was something going on that she didn't know about, and that wasn't good for anyone. Not for her, him, or their child.