Chapter 9

Dipper arrived at Pacifica's place early in the morning. Dipper wasn't able to sleep much because of how anxious and nervous he was to do this. He knocked on Pacifica's door as he started itching his head. She opens the door and lets her in excited to see him so soon unexpectedly. As she sat him down against the couch Dipper started to tell Pacifica everything.

"Hey.. uh I have some bad news..." Dipper stated.

"What's up?" Pacifica replied nervously.

Dipper wasn't sure the best way to break up with Pacifica, he didn't want to be cliche saying 'it is not you, it is me' nor did he want to tell her the worst way possible. Dipper realized the only way to get out of this relationship the nicest way possible is to tell Pacifica the truth the most straightforward way he could.

"Pacifica, I have to be honest. I don't think this relationship is gonna work out. I think we should break up." Dipper stated.

Pacifica started tearing up as a single droplet of water dripped from her face, down against her cheek.

"Wait, you can't be serious? We were doing so well. Was it because I got naked? I understand I was rushing things and I didn't mean to, but don't think we should break up after that!" Pacifica replied.

"No it's not that... I started dating you because I was afraid of being rejected by Wendy again and I thought I wanted to move on. I used you as a way to forget about Wendy. I thought all she ever wanted between us was for us to remain friends. However, during the 4th week we started dating, she told me how much she loved me and I couldn't stop thinking about her. All I could do is think about Wendy. I know you love me and I really wanted to share the same love, but no matter how hard I try, I can't. I'm just a miserable scumbag and I can't keep seeing myself hurt you over Wendy. I'm sorry, but it is best that we break up."

Pacifica started sobbing even more, punching against Dipper's chest.

"No, please Dipper. I can make you forget about Wendy. You don't have to be in pain anymore. Just give a little more time. I swear you're going to start loving me more!" Pacifica pleaded.

"Pacifica! I can't! I don't love you! The longer this relationship lasts the worse it will get. Please, don't make this any harder!" Dipper replied.

Pacifica gets on top of Dipper on the couch, aiming for Dipper's face, and swinging her fists left and right. Dipper doesn't block however, as he takes the beating with no resistance.

"You fucking scumbag!" Pacifica screamed.

"I'm truly sorry, I really am. But, no matter how I tell you this, you can't change my mind. You are an amazing person, so you deserve someone better than a scum like me." Dipper replied.

Pacifica continued to flail her arms against Dipper, but after giving him a couple of bruises to the face and a cut against his forehead, Pacifica realized she was unable to change his mind. Dipper refuses to look at Pacifica as he allows her to attack him. Unable to force him to submit, Pacifica gets off from him and tries to wipe her face clean.

"Get out.." Pacifica murmurs.

Dipper gets up as he opens the front door and leaves her house.......

It is 5:30 p.m. and Dipper is just sitting on the roof, watching the sun set into the horizon. Dipper isn't happy of how the break up went as reflects on the time he and Pacifica shared together. As he is thinking to himself, his train of thought is suddenly stopped as Wendy pokes Dipper's black eye.

"Ouch! Knock it off!" Dipper reacted.

He didn't know it was Wendy until he turned to face her. He was surprised that Wendy was back, wearing the same cap they exchanged the last day of summer three years ago.