Chapter 2: Reunion

Dipper and Wendy head out of the back of the Mystery Shack as they begin to talk about what they have been up to for the past three years. Dipper and Wendy were finally excited to talk to each other. As they leave, Wendy pulls out the old blue cap that Dipper wore throughout the last summer. Dipper began to laugh as the hat was old and worn out.

"You still wear that tiny old thing?" Dipper mentioned.

"Yea, you mean a lot to me man." Wendy said in a bashful, low voice.

Dipper's heart started beating faster as his face started turning red. He was grateful that Wendy considered him a really good friend and was embarrassed that his emotions might be exposed. He tried to hide it, but Wendy being a good judge of character and knowing Dipper all too well, already realized the minor comment made Dipper the happiest man alive. Dipper tried to look away, trying to hide his sheepish smile, but to no use as Wendy threw a punch towards Dipper on the shoulder.

"Stop being such a goofball dude!" Wendy exclaimed with a smile.

The friends start laughing once more as they make their way into the forest.

"What did you want to see?" Wendy asked.

"Not being here for almost three years, I would like to see the entire city as a whole." Dipper said.

"Dude, I know the exact spot! The tallest tree in all of Gravity Falls if just up that hill, you can see the entire town!" Wendy replied with excitement.

"Alright! I guess that is where we are headed and stuff..." Dipper said nervously.

Dipper still had feelings for Wendy. No matter how hard he tells himself that he and Wendy could never work, he still falls deep into her green eyes and red hair. He missed having to look at Wendy and hearing her angelic voice. Even after the three years apart, and even after being told that Wendy only considers them friends, Dipper hates himself for not being able to get over Wendy.

"I don't like Wendy! We are just friends!

I don't like Wendy! We are just friends!

I don't like Wendy! We are just friends!" Dipper thought to himself repeatedly.

The two finally made it to the tallest tree of Gravity Falls. They began admiring the view of the entire town. The lights shined bright as the stars and they saw the influx of people driving back home from the local mall and stores. They sat down against the edge of the hill watching the city slowly close down as the natural wind blew against their soft faces.

Wendy looks back at Dipper, while he is looking down on the floor trying to get over Wendy. However, as Wendy calls for his name, Dipper looks up and is unable to fall for the beauty he sees in front of him. Wendy was standing with the wind blowing softly against her hair. Her body was pale as moonlight and her eyes were vibrant like emerald pearls, reflecting the nearby lights. Dipper realized that no matter how hard he tried, he was unable to get over Wendy. Just like a cat chasing after a mouse from pure instincts, his emotions take over as she falls in love with Wendy once more, unable to resist her.

However, his sudden admiration for her comes to a close when Wendy asks Dipper a question in a serious manner.

"Hey Dipper. What have you been up to lately?" Wendy asked.

"Oh... uhh.. I've just been studying for school. I'm planning to go to high school and already planning for which college I want to apply for." Dipper answered.