Chapter 4 - The Team Learns About Peter

Chapter 4        -       the kid has abilities and skills...

One morning, Clint, Sam and Rhodey entered the gym and saw the results of it being closed off for the previous couple of days. They looked in awe at the work-out stations that were a combination of traditional set up, but digital enhancements they had never seen before. "What the ..." Sam began looking around. He then walked up to what appeared to be a station to perform bench presses, but instead of traditional weights on the end of the weight bar, there appeared to be small black boxes on each end.

"What do you think?" Steve said as he walked up, catching his breath, face slightly flushed from performing repetitions at another station. Noting the surprised looks he was getting, Steve smiled and said "New exercise technology courtesy of Wakanda!" Seeing that they were still not comprehending how the super-strong Steve Rogers was getting such a work out, Steve continued "Thanks to vibranium and computer technology, we can all have a programmed work out that will be both challenging and what we in fact need to improve our strength and stamina ... " Steve took in another breath so he could continue. "The system will analyze our muscle capabilities and increase weight resistance automatically to provide us with a better work-out, and it also has additional safety protocols. " Seeing still surprised looks, he added "So if something happens and we lose our grip or suffer some kind of medical emergency, or whatever, the devices will automatically go to zero weight and return to their ... respective ... starting points ... which means no accidents or injuries."

Nodding his head, Rhodey said "So we can work out by ourselves even, in perfect safety! That is pretty awesome!"

Steve pointed towards a computer work station. "You log in there ... and the system will send you instructions to your phone as to what stations to go to, how many reps and sets, and it will even notify you to take a break, drink some water, and in general monitor you and your progress."

Steve then led them to an adjacent bench press station and demonstrated how he pressed his fore finger to one of the black boxes on the weight bar. "So you press your finger anywhere on one of the black boxes, and the station identifies who you are as well as your work- out routine. "

Steve then led them to the computer work station and said "Sorry ... I got ahead of myself ... just watch the tutorial ..." Steve paused as Peter came into the gym and called out to him "Hey Peter ... come on over ... come watch the tutorial with us."

Peter jogged over to the others, and together, they watched the work-out station tutorial that was narrated by Jarvis. After the tutorial ended, they all logged in and soon their phones were beeping, alerting them to their instructions. And for the next two hours, they all took part in their respective work-out routines that had been individually designed for them. They were later sitting on benches along one wall, toweling off sweat and drinking water. They were all catching their breath, flushed from the exercise, but also exhilarated from the new experience.

Steve looked over to Clint and said "And since you are the Training Officer for the Avengers, our work-out logs and progress analyses will be sent to your pc." Steve paused and then said "You and I can discuss where everyone's at on a weekly basis to start ... and we'll see if we need to continue to do that or maybe move those discussions to bi-monthly or even monthly."

Clint simply nodded and said "Sounds good to me." He looked at the others and said "We'll keep it simple ... I'll talk to you only if we need to talk. Otherwise, you guys just follow the routines."

"Sure thing" "Sounds good!" were the replies of the others.

As the guys were leaving the work-out station area of the gym, Natasha and Wanda were arriving, both dressed for their work-outs.