Chapter 10 - Sophie

They strap me down to  table, and I struggle against the bonds even though there is nothing I could to to break free. I freeze suddenly. Of course! I would use channeling. I put all of my mental defenses up and started concentrating on sending all the power I wasn't using into my hand. Nothing happened. The ability restrictor must have been more powerful than I though. Lost in worry, I didn't see them before it was too late. They jabbed the needle into my arm and immediately the world started to swim before me.

     "I hate you." Was all I managed to say before the fury and hate pulled me under into the oblivion.

     The burning pain was all around me. It was inside of me. It was me! The darkness had taken over, and then washed away to a wave of torture. I couldn't breathe, it was too hot in my throat. Something sharper than knives ripped through me. The blackness rushed over my eyes more solidly than before. Like a thick blindfold, covering not just my eyes but also my self with a crushing weight. It was exhausting to push against it. I knew it would be so much easier to give in. To let the blackness push me down, down, down to a place where there was no pain and no weariness and no worry and no fear. I kept pushing against the black, though, almost a reflex. I wasn't trying to lift it. I was just resisting. Not allowing it to crush me completely. The fire blazed hotter and I wanted to scream. To beg for someone to kill me now, before I lived one more second in this pain. But I couldn't move my lips. The weight was still there, pressing on me. I realized it wasn't the darkness holding me down anymore; it was my body. 

...................................................

When I finally woke up. Keefe Sencen was sitting on my bed staring at me.

(reconciliation :))

~~~~Anna~~~~