Chapter 4 - Keefe

I run out of the house screaming with my leaping crystal in hand. Ro, my super annoying Ogre bodyguard, with her hair BLUE, which was totally my handiwork, chases me. Is it really MY fault that she annoyed me to the point where I just HAD to pull a prank on her? I trip over the uneven ground, TOTALLY a Sophie move by the way, and fall into the path of light created by my crystal with Ro shouting insults as I dissolve into light. I appear sprawled on the ground before Everglen's bright gates, with Fitz standing next to me trying to hold in his laughter. He opens the gates as I scramble to my feet and brush off my cloak hoping nobody else saw that. I hurry inside just as Sophie appears in a beautiful ice blue dress. I see Fitz scowl at the color but quickly replaces it with his usual winning smile. I smirk at her.

     "Hey Foster, nice dress." I wink and see her blush scarlet, looking at the ground. Fitz's expression flickers to annoyance before he smiles again at Sophie. 

     "Hi Sophie, nice bracelet." He says and I notice a teal bracelet on Sophie's right wrist. Sophie smiles slightly at him before saying thanks. We follow Fitz inside the house and into the living room where Dex, Marella, Linh, Tam, and Biana are all waiting, scrolls in their hands. We talk for a bit before Biana suggests we each open our scrolls at the same time and one by one switch with our number 1, or the person in this room who comes up first. We all look nervous as Biana counts down.

     "3...2...1!" I take a deep breath and top with everything I have left, that hasn't been taken away by my excellent parents, that Sophie will be my number 1.

Top Matches for Keefe Lionel Sencen 

1. Sophie Foster

2. Ashley Soleen

3. Biana Vacker

4. Marleen Ender 

5. Linh Song

     I freeze and reread it before glancing at Foster completely elated and see a confused look on her face. I frown, was it Fitz or me or somebody else? I pray that it's not Fitz, because even thought we're best friends, he doesn't deserve Sophie. Not after everything he put her through. 

     "I'll go first" Dex announces bravely, and hands his scroll to Marella, blushing.

     "You're my number 1 too." She tells Dex, smiling shyly.

     "Well, my number 1 is...um...Tam!" Biana says, looking curiously at Tam. Bangs Boy hands his scroll to Biana, a genuine smile on his face. Weird. He never smiles that.

     "You're my number 1 as well." He says, flicking his bangs out of his eyes.

     "I got Sophie as my number 1... and Linh as my number 2." Fitz says after a slight hesitation. That makes me feel better and worse. He got my crush as his number 1 but at the same time he could have Linh. I frown.

     "I got Sophie as my number 1 too." I announce, jumping up to make sure everyone was aware of that fact, and we all stare at Sophie. She puts her scroll in the middle of the room and we all gawk at it.

Top Matches for Sophie Elizabeth Foster

1. Keefe Sencen    1. Fitz Vacker

2. Alexander Termoore

3. Volair Dermington

4. Tam Song

5. Dexter Dizznee

     I look down feeling numb. Sophie has two number ones....

 Hi guys, sorry for the  weird name, I couldn't think of anything else. I'm planning to write an sequel to this book with their children, after I finish this book. :))

~~~~~Anna~~~~~