Chapter 8: With the Kids (Part 3)

BENCH'S POV

"Where's my Mommy? I need to see my Mommy!" I heard the little girl whining as I walked closer to her. She still has her hands covering her face.

"Oh? You know, you're scaring me....just please stop crying, little miss." I heard a little voice also talking to her and that's when I noticed that the little girl wasn't alone, she's with another kid...a boy.

"TRIBAL!!" I called then run to them, the girl stopped crying as she looked up to me. Tribal also did the same, first he doesn't recognize me, maybe because I'm in disguise, but that last only for a second before he called me..by my name. Amp! Wala man lang "Kuya"?

"Hey, Bench! It's you!" his face lightened up when he saw me. Maybe he thinks that I might be some kind of help with him and the little girl he's with.

"Ah, yeah, it's me. Why are you here alone, Tribal? And why this little girl crying?" I swatted so I can level with these kids while talking to them.

Tribal scratched his head, cannot fully understand or just irritated with what's happening, while the little girl still has her eyes locked on me.

"I'm not here alone, I'm with my parents. But I got lost, then it turns out I'm not the only one because this crybaby here is also lost." Masungit na pag-e-explain sa akin ni Tribal. Ayos talaga 'tong batang 'toh, akala mo ang tanda na kung magsalita eh!

"I'm not a crybaby!!!" the little girl slapped Tribal on his back and it made him winced. The girl then laughed and turns to talk to me.

"My name is Sugar. I'm 7 years old. I know you, you're Bench Hernandez!!!" the girl said, looking like she's not been crying at all. Mali pala yung hula ko, akala ko 5 or 6 years old lang sya, 7 pala, wala talaga akong galing sa panghuhula!

Then, she got something out of her bag.

"I bought you're album that's why I'm here, I'm also planning to see you perform, but why are you here, Bench????" her voice sounds so chipped, her eyes glinting like they've got some diamond as she talked to me. I see, she's a fan, my fandom really has no boundaries.

"I won't be performing there now, the schedule is cancelled. But then, where's your mother, Sugar?" I asked her, grabbing her and seated her to my knees, so parang nakakalong sya sa akin, while I'm signing my album she got.

"I don't know..." then, tears are threatening to fell down from her eyes again. Tribal stepped in to give her something.

"Why are you giving this to me?" Sugar asked Tribal as she wiped the tears on her face using the handkerchief that Tribal offered her.

"It's because my Mom told me that when I see a girl crying, I should give her my hanky." Tribal answered, and for another minute, I remembered that's the same thing that Ianne said to me once, it's the first time I saw her cry, and she obliged me to offer her my handkerchief.

FLASHBACK

tumunghay siya pero nakakunot pa din yung noo nya sakin. ano ba ito. dinadamayan na nga eh mukhang magsusungit pa.

"DO YOU HAVE YOUR HANDKERCHIEF?! "

sigaw na naman niya sakin. tumayo na din ako at kinuha sa bulsa ko yung panyo ko. agad naman niyang kinuha iyon ng parang naiinis nung inabot ko sa kanya tapos, pinahid yung sa may mata niya. yung pang maarte na pagpunas.yung kumukurap kurap pa yung mata habang pinupunasan yung gilid kahit wala naman talagang luha.

"You're very ungentleman. in that kind of situation, you must offer a hanky to a girl if she's crying. Gosh~ You're so impossible." tapos, itinapon niya yung panyo ko sa may gilid. aba naman! nanghiram na nga lang siya eh!

"Kung dala ko lang yung bag ko, hindi talaga ako manghihiram sayo. And I don't have any plan na ipagamit pa ulit sayo yung nagamit ko na.. Anyway, ang cheap naman ng hanky mo eh, kaya papalitan ko na lang next time!"

Pssh. yabang! mahal kaya yun! pinag ipunan ko din yun nuh.. kita mo tong taong toh. hindi pa nagpasalamat! pinulot ko yung panyo ko nung tumalikod siya tapos nilagay na lang ulit sa bulsa ko. Sayang din 'toh!

FLASHBACK ENDS

"Oooh~ I see, you're very gentleman! My Mom will surely like you!" I can see Sugar's eyes glinting like diamonds again. Huwag mong sabihing luma-lovelife itong dalawa?

Mga bata talaga ngayon, oh!

"And aside from that, you look terrible when you're crying. You look like.... Hmm... you look like....AH! You're like a puffer fish when you're crying." Tribal burst out laughing, ginawa niya kung paano ang itsura ng puffer fish. Jeez, kulang na lang mapa-face palm ako kay Tribal, akala mo kung sinong maginoo, magaling lang palang mang- asar!

"B-Bench.... B-Bench... He's .. He's .. HE'S SO BAD!!!" Sugar started crying again, her loud voice caught the attention of the people around us.

Anak ng! Pambira naman oh! Isipin ng mga 'toh kidnapper ako! Sa porma ko pang ganito, baka mapakulong pa ako ng di oras!!!

"Shhh. Shhh. Tahan na, Sugar... Wee~ mabait yan~ stop na, Sugar... " Tangeks. Mukha akong tanga sa ginagawa ko, I'm trying to stop her from crying pero lalo lang lumalakas yung iyak niya. Si Tribal naman, mukhang imbis na ma-guilty, tuwang- tuwa pa! Pambihira. Bakit ba ako ang namomroblema nito?