ஜ Chapter Thirty

After what happened in the company building, Jaemin drove Renjun and Donghyuck to the former's house while listening to them grumbling about 'how to accidentally kill a bitch, without actually being it as an accident.'

He walks in the classroom as Jieun meets him at the doorway with a frown on her face. As a father, he began to worry and knelt down to her level.

"What's wrong, Ji?" He asked, brushing a few strands of messy hair behind her ears to see her face more clearly.

Jieun shrugged lazily, "Nono has been sad today. I don't know why he is, but I don't like it." She mumbled, luckily Jaemin heard her thanks to their close distance.

That's when he glances back up to see Jeno sitting on his desk chair and slumped half of his body over the teacher's table, shoulders down and head resting on his crossed arms like a makeshift pillow.

Looking back to his daughter, the little girl mumbles again, "I wanted to help, but Nono keeps saying he's okay. I want Daddy to help Nono because I think he can do it." Looking up to meet her father's eyes.

Jaemin swallowed dryly upon hearing how his daughter referred his boyfriend as 'Nono' instead of 'Papa' like what she asked for when they made things official.

That made it obvious there's something wrong, and Jieun is just upset because Jeno is upset.

Smiling softly, he nodded and ruffled the little girl's hair, making it messy again earning a huff from her. He mumbled an apology with a chuckle before sighing.

"Go wait patiently at the door okay? I'll make Nono feel happy again, just give us a moment." He said, standing back up with his legs a bit wobbly from crouching down for so long. Curse heights.

Jieun nodded obediently, walking pass her father towards the main entrance, thankfully there were still some teachers and her classmates around to keep her company.

Jaemin pursed his lips before carefully approaching the sulking figure that was on the teacher's table, stopping right in front of him, the said table making their visible and unfortunate border between them.

"Baby?" The red haired boy lifts his head up upon hearing the voice, his eyes looking tired before closing them shut abruptly. "Is something wrong?"

"I'm.... I– I don't....  Jaemin, babe..." The younger seems to be struggling with correct use of words, all jumbled up with pauses and deep breaths between each one.

Jaemin drops the bag he was carrying from set, placing it on the ground and rushing towards Jeno's side. "Hey, take your time, deep breaths, baby." He instructs.

Jeno nodded unconsciously, more focused on staring off with his mind probably thinking about his unfortunate problem right now.

Without saying anything, Jaemin pursed his lips and lifts Jeno up to replace the spot on the chair by him, now having the red haired boy sitting on his lap.

Thankfully, the younger didn't seem to mind. Instead, he felt more at ease to have Jaemin near him, with him, holding him like he doesn't want to let go.

He, though, felt like a burden. After snapping out of his stupor and realizing that his current situation isn't something he wants to drag Jaemin nor anyone else into, he shifts on the elder's lap.