𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑭𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

The next morning, I woke up with an arm around me, turning to the side to see Nobara. Her arm wrapped around me as she slept, and on the floor was Megumi. His back laid across the hard floor as light snores left him; yesterday, they said they wouldn't leave me alone.

I think they've both had experience with losing a soulmate, either it is them or watching someone else. I wouldn't ask because I knew how painful it was; my hand moved to the back of my neck where my mark used to be/ the mark I've had since I was young.

His smiling face flashes through my mind, and I couldn't help but let out a silent sob. I don't know how I'll be able to handle this pain; it hurt so much. Removing myself from Nobara as I tiptoed to the bathroom where I exploded once more into tears. My hands gripped the edge of the sink tightly that my knuckles were turning white. "I'm so sorry, Yuji", I mumbled before taking deep breaths. How did Gojo deal with this?

I couldn't stay in this room anymore; the walls felt like they were closing in on me. It was getting harder to breathe. Opening the bathroom, and sneaking out of my room, where I began running. I needed to get outside; I needed fresh air. Once I stepped out of the building, I fell to the ground in a cold sweat, "Hello, daughter, have you come to say goodbye to your mother?" I glanced up to see the monster herself.

One of her guards held their hand for me; it was a test. If I took it, she would see me as weak, ignoring the hand as I got up independently. "No, I just came out to run", I said as I dusted off the dirt from my clothes; she looked me up and down, "In your sleepwear? This is why I also picked for you," mother said with a smirk as she tried to touch me, but I dodged it, her eyes narrowed at me. Turning to walk back inside and far away from her when she spoke.

"I see your soulmate is no longer with us. I guess he was too weak" my hands formed fists as I turned around, ready to punch my mother when a pair of arms stopped me. Glancing over my shoulder to see the familiar white hair, don't fucking say that about him!" I shouted at her as I struggled in his grip. "Let me go, Gojo!" I scream at him as I try to go for her; she has no right to say those things about him.

"Let Mr Watanabe know that the wedding will be in three months from now", mother laughs as I stop moving, now frozen by her words. "What are you talking about? I'm a sorcerer; you can't do that," I questioned as he walked closer to me and grabbed my chin. "I can do whatever I want; I'm your mother. Plus, the elders said you were too disobedient to be one"mother let out another laugh as I rip my chin from her disgusting touch.

Everything was over. How could I get out of this? I didn't have enough time to escape. Her people were everywhere.

Mother turned and began walking away as Gojo let go of me, and I fell to the ground, "my life is over." I whispered to myself. Gojo placed his hand on my shoulder, "you still have three months." pushing him away from me as I stomp back to my room with him following behind.

Once we entered, the two were up and were searching around my room until they spotted me. Nobara rushes to me, pulling me into a hug, " I just went for a run. Sorry could everyone leave, I wanna be alone." I said as I moved around my room, sorting everything to how it was. "But-" Nobara tried to protest, but Gojo interrupted, "We should let her be."

They all left my room, and I was finally alone; I didn't break down; instead, I hopped into the shower. It was so relaxing, and I never wanted to leave. I stayed for at least two hours in the shower before getting out and drying myself.

Glancing in the mirror at myself, but just as I was about to start changing, something in the mirror caught my eye. No, it couldn't be. Turning my back towards the mirror and looking over my shoulder to see it. My mark was back, but why? It looked precisely just how it was before; not one thing had changed.

But I thought once your soulmate dies, your mark disappears with them. Was the universe playing a cruel joke on me?

I got changed and immediately began thinking about all the possible explanations when there was a knock at the door. Covering my mark with my hair, until I figured this out, I couldn't tell anyone.

Opening the door to see none other than Gojo, he gave me a smile before handing me an envelope and walking away. "What is this?" I ask, but it goes to deaf ears. Going back into my room and rip open the paper,

Hey (Y/N), it's my Yuji Itadori. I wanted to come see you, but Gojo thought it would be better if you came to see me later tonight. Meet me at this location. I'm sorry you probably don't believe this is real, but please come tonight. I'll explain everything but don't tell anyone about this, it has to be a secret that I'm alive.