𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

Focusing back on the building where the two students were fighting off curses. Feeling the wind wash passed us caused me to wrap my arms around myself, attempting to keep any warmth.

"(Y/N)" turning to my left where Gojo sat, "he'll be fine." He spoke before giving me a smirk, "don't you trust me?" Rolling my eyes as I looked back at the building, "I'm not worried about him; I mean, why would I worry about a soulmate that I don't want." Flipping my hair back, not worrying since Yuji wasn't here.

Megumi stood up and walked over to me from his seat on the other side of Gojo. He stopped in front of me with a rugged look; it was almost scary "if you reject the soulmate bond, then you'll die." Glancing down at my lap, I guess I am rejecting it, but since it's just been a couple of days, nothing has happened to me. Megumi held onto my shoulders, staring straight into my eyes, "don't do something you'll regret."

It looked as if he had experienced something like that, maybe a family or friend he knew. Or maybe Megumi himself had gone through that. He never talked about himself; he's usually quiet and keeps to himself. If he wanted to keep things about himself a secret, I wasn't one to prey into it.

The black-haired boy walked back to his seat in silence as Gojo moved his whole body to face me. "Everything happens for a reason, don't fight it", he spoke with a hint of worry in his eyes. It was weird seeing Gojo like this; he was never the serious type. He's always messing around.

Touching the ending of my hair, "that's a lie", I mumbled back as memories of my childhood flash through my mind. If everything did happen for a reason, then was a little girl's life supposed to be controlled. Even the smallest things like what to eat and wear. Was that all on purpose for me to suffer?

In a traditional Japanese house sat a young girl playing with a doll. A doll her mother had picked out for her. The young girl didn't know if she liked it or not, but a toy was a toy, and she knew she was lucky enough to have gotten it. "Miss (Y/N), your mother has picked out a beautiful dress for you to wear today", the maid spoke softly as she picked the girl up. The girl purposing dropped the doll to the ground, to which the maid immediately picked it up and handed it back to the small child. "Oh dear, you can't just drop the toy your mother gave you. (Y/N), you know better than that."

The girl rolled her eyes at the older lady as she began to pull out a dress but was stopped instantly by the maid. "Your mother did not pick that one," she said strictly before picking out the correct attire. The maid smiled at the girl as she reached for her, but the girl pulled away from her. "I don't want to wear that!" (Y/N) shouted at the maid before pulling out the dress she wanted, "I want to wear this one!"

The maid didn't say anything as the bedroom door opened, "(Y/N)" someone else had called my name. From the monotonous, cold tone of the person's voice. (Y/N) knew who it was. "Ma'am, I'm sorry-" the maid tried to explain the situation, but her mother didn't give her a chance, "it is not your fault." Her icy gaze focused on me as a shiver run down my spine "(Y/N), stand up now!" Her mother's voice was full of command and authority as (Y/N) immediately stood up with no questions asked.

The room was quiet as all that could be heard was the sound of her mother's footsteps growing closer to her, "remember what will happen if you disobey me." Her mother spoke as she kneed down to her child's height, leaning in as she whispered words, only the two of them could hear. Giving (Y/N) a smile that held no warmth or comfort that the average child would experience. Instead, it brought fear and terror to the small girl.

Her mother patted her head before standing up, leaving a shaking (Y/N) who had tears in her eyes. The woman turned to her maid, "she will behave now and if she doesn't send her to me," but before she left the room, her eyes met with (Y/N) once more. "Stop crying; you look pathetic", that was the last thing her mother said before she exited the room.

(Y/N) fell to her knees as more tears fell down; she couldn't understand why she never had a caring family. Why couldn't she pick one simple dress to wear without getting her mum angry? Nothing made sense to her. The maid grabbed some tissues and bent down to her height, gently wiping her tears away. "Don't show her your tears; she doesn't deserve to see you like this. You're strong (Y/N)" that was the most encouraging thing that small girl had heard in her entire life.

"Why can't anything be my choice? It's always hers. Is my life hers as well?" The small girl cried more as the maid tenderly rubbed her back, trying to comfort the child.

"Why can't I pick my own partner, Gojo? It's not fair. Isn't it supposed to be my life, so why can't I choose?" I questioned my teacher, as my voice began to grow louder. I felt frustrated with it all; it didn't make sense to me at all.

"I'm sorry, I don't really know the answers, but why can't you pick him? He's a good kid." I took a few seconds to answer as he leaned his chin on his hand. "I'll only pick him because of the bond; I would want to pick him if I really liked him", I explained to Gojo my feelings as his expression didn't change.

"How do you know you won't like him? How do you know if it's the bond and not your heart?" He questioned me, but I couldn't think of an answer. I was left speechless. "There's nothing you can do (Y/N) about this, but maybe something amazing will happen from it" Gojo stood up as the two had exited the building.

"Good work, guys!" Gojo spoke with a big smile, "let's go eat this time." Once Gojo spoke those words, Yuji and Nobara were already demanding where they would eat. Megumi had suggested a place that both of them liked, and we began our walk there.

Everyone walked ahead of me as I was lost in thought. What should I do?