𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑬𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

"If the cursed womb can metamorphose, we predict that it will become a high-grade cursed spirit." Magic college assistant director Ijchi Kyotaka spoke as the four of us stood there, listening clearly to what our mission would be.

After Yuji and I had our conversation, nothing much changed expected for the fact that he stayed beside me more. When we walked, I didn't try to move away from him; instead, as we walked closer together, our hands would sometimes brush past the other. A small smile would appear on Yuji's face, which then made me smile.

All of us had to focus on the mission at hand; this would be Yuji's and Nobara's first mission, and I hoped everything would go well.

Mine, Nobara and Megumi's bodies tensed at the mention of a high-grade curse. Today could get rough. Yuji titled his head in confusion before all of us explained to him about high-grade curses.

Crossing my arms as I looked over at the man, "so why isn't Gojo Sensei here? This doesn't seem like a mission first years could do." I narrowed my eyes at the man as he pushed his glasses up, "he's on a business trip. He can't just hang around in the school; he's talented." Rolling my eyes, I doubt my family knows about this; otherwise, they would have pulled me out.

I'm the last heir after all, and they wouldn't want me to die so young.

"You have two choices when you're against a high-grade enemy: run or die." Both Nobara and Yuji had sweat as they feared for the worse. Glancing over at Yuji before nudging his arm, "you'll be fine, I'll make sure of that." I whispered to him as his eyes widened at my words.

I've been training since I was young; I knew how to fight curses. I wasn't weak.

"So you'll protect me because you like me?" he asked with hopeful eyes while I rolled my eyes. "No, I don't like you. I just don't want you to die", I lied to him as he pouted at my response, "anyways, it's not like you told me your feelings, so it must mean we feel the same way." I spoke while flipping my hair, not having to worry about my mark.

His eyes moved to our mark before giving me his bright smile. My heart leapt just at the sight of it. "I like you, (Y/N)", he said not so quietly, causing the other three to hear. Nobara's eyes widened before rushing over to us, "what about your sou-" she paused what she was saying as she spotted our identical marks "you", she pointed to Yuji before pointing to me, "you are soulmates." Yuji nodded his head. However, we were interrupted by a lady's shout "is Tadashi. Is my son okay?"

Everyone changed their attention over to the woman as tears began to fall. I studied Yuji's expression; he looked so sad for the woman that my hand unconsciously moved to his. Looking away as I grabbed his pinky gently and just held it hoping it would bring some comfort; however, I didn't dare look over at him.

"We're going to save them", he said before we walked closer to the entrance. I let go of his pinky as I cracked my hands.

The director brought down the screen, and we entered. Megumi summoned his Jade hound's, and Yuji stroked him before we opened the door. All four of us stayed close to each other. However, once we turned back, our exit had disappeared, and that's when the two newbies began panicking.

We walked more into the building and found a body; it seemed like Yuji was most affected. He wasn't used to the sight. His steps were slow as he approached it to find it was that woman's son. My stomach dropped; how were you supposed to tell a parent that their kid died? That must be the worst thing.

The boys began arguing, and just as Nobara was about to run over there to stop them, I sensed something. Glancing over at the girl to see something opening underneath her, "Nobara! Move!" I shouted at her as I rushed towards her; I pushed out of the way just in time. However, I was not so lucky.

Everywhere I looked, it was just complete darkness, but I could feel him. A curse was definitely here with me. However, I couldn't see it. Hearing a sudden sound from behind, I turned to find so many faces.

I needed to get back to the others quickly.