Prom.

-the morning before prom-

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Grace's p.o.v

~♧~♧~♧~

Ashton was a bit awkward towards me. I should probably call him right no. " hello " i asked. " hey " his voice was hoarse and it slightly croaked " Are you okay ? What's up ? ". I asked " pretty much nothing " he said and i could feel the tiredness in his voice  "I'm gonna pick you up at 6, Is that alright ? " "yes, yes it is " i ended the call.

* 2 hours later *

I was at the hair salon and the spa getting ready for prom. My hair has gotten longer than earlier and the dye has drifted away. My hair was naturally chestnut. We decided to curl it up a bit.

* skipping a couple of hours *

I arrived home and changed into my dress. I wasn't really satisfied with the way I looked. The earnings were a bit sparkly. I quickly placed my flat shoes on and waited for ashton. I took my purse as I heard the door bell ring. I opened the door to be greeted by an ashton dressed in a tuxedo. " You look nice. " I said. " Well thank you, m'lady you look perfect today. Heck you always do ! " ashton said in a fake British accent. I just laughed and shook my head. The ride wasn't so long. We spent the ride listening to music and with Ashton trying to steel a kiss. A kiss on my cheek, we are just friends. Nothing less, nothing more. His arm was wrapped around my waist as we made our way to a table. We both took our seats and awkwardly stared at each others. "I'm gonna go get us something to drink, is that okay ? " Ashton asked. " Go ahead " I answered with a shy smile. Ashton arrived with our drinks. I took a sip of mine,it actually tasted good. So good. Everybody was dancing. Ashton and I were just sitting. " This is dedicated to our wonderful couples, enjoy ! " the Man who works at the DJ section said. I felt a hand being wrapped around mine. "May I have this dance ? " Ashton said while smiling like an idiot. I nodded and smiled back at him. We walked to the dance floor. My hands slowly ran through ashton's chest and wrapped around his neck. His arms made their way around my waist. we started swaying back and forth. I felt so safe in his arms. Butterflies roamed around my stomach when he wrapped his arms around my waist. I forgot about the world when I was in his arms. My head rested on his chest as he swayed us back and forth. A couple of more songs and we both decided to leave. " I wouldn't ruin a perfect night like that one. I wanna take somewhere. You'll like it, I promise. " Ashton said and I smiled at him feeling relieved to have someone like him by my side. I really like Ashton. I will never admit that. After seeing my mum at the bakery I couldn't get her words out of my head. She broke my heart with her words. She didn't seem to care whether I'm alive or not. " it ain't easy growing up in world War III never knowing what love could be, you'll see, I don't want love to destroy me like it has done to my family."

The song appeared in the radio bringing the tears to the edges of my eyes. They " accidentally " slipped. I tried to hide my face from Ashton but it was too late. He stopped the car. " Come here " he whispered as he pulled me into his warming embrace. He took my hand into his and started the car. We both arrived. I got out and stepped on sand. Sand ?  It was dark so I couldn't see anything. I shivered as the cold breeze hit my body. I felt something being wrapped around my shoulders till the end of my back. I looked up to see that Ashton had taken off his jacket and wrapped it around me. " Where are we ? " I asked. " you'll find out..now ! " was all I got as a reply. We walked and i was greeted by the wide, calming ocean. We both lied on the Sand. My hand rested on my stomach while the other rested on the sand. Ashton's hand was positioned on top of mine. He then entwined them together. Butterflies. " Let's have a walk, we need to talk " Ashton said while standing up and extending his hand to help me get up. " What's your dream ? " Ashton asked. " My dream is to travel the world and explore new things, meet new people. Have better adventures. " I told him while blushing. Our hands were still entwined.  " Alone ? " he asked. " Nobody would like to tag along. They all think that it's lame. " I said while bitterly laughing.

__________________________

Ashton's p.o.v

___________

I looked at her and smiled. My lips made contact with her hand. " I wanna tag along. I would like to share everything with you. I'll always be here, through good and bad "I smiled at her. We both stopped walking and just stared at the ocean. I had fun during that night. I,myself counted it as a date. I just want her to realize that I am in love with her. She looked so pretty today. I wanna make it up to her. I wanna make her life better, for the sake of all of the pain that she's been through. I turned around so I was facing her. One of my hands rested on her waist, the other was slowly stroking her cheek. She was about to open her mouth but I placed my index finger on her soft lips. I pulled her closer so our faces were inches apart. My eyes travelled from her eyes to her lips then back to her eyes. As I was about to press my lips against her soft ones she turned her head to the other side. I sigh and let go of her. " I'm sorry. " I mumbled. " C'mon, you should head back home. It's late. " I told her as I lead her towards my car. Why did she turn her head ?   A voice inside of my head kept asking. The ride home was silent. We were standing infront of her apartment's door. " Goodnight, princess " I said with a sad smile. I turned around and as I was about to leave she stopped me. " Ashton ! wait ! ". " Yes ? " I forgot this " she said while leaning in. Her lips were pressed against my cheek. I felt the butterflies getting more active. I smiled at her and headed home. I couldn't stop thinking about her. I'm not gonna give up. I'm gonna get that kiss before anybody else does. And if anyone tried to get that kiss before me, it'll be over my dead body.

}♡}♡}♡}♡}♡}♡}♡}♡}♡}♡}

Grace's p.o.v

~~♢♢♢~~

I tried to shake the thoughts of what has happened but I couldn't get it out of my head. Why is he doing this ? Why is he being so generous ? I was so tired, I needed some sleep. I also need to find a new job. That one is exhausting. I also need to move out of here. My parents are here. I can't stand seeing them. I'll break down. I'll die inside.

      __________________

             _____________

                   _______