26:

Jack had buried the body of my now dead father. I was walking with my sister, when she stopped to talk to William. Jack came and took my hand, dragging me away so we could talk.

"I'm deeply sorry, darling. I know it hurts, but you have to understand-" He begins.

"I understand. I understand completely. He was a pirate. He offered to allow you to sail with us, and this is the thanks you give him? I've only known you for, what, a week? I've only known you for a short amount of time, but I have never felt this confused. Do I hate you? Do I love you? I care very much for you, much more than I thought could be possible. I meant what I said in the brig earlier. I will find a way to get out of this, so that we can be back to normal. I will find a way to bring him back. You can mark my words. Hector Barbossa will be coming back." I tell him, and he grabs my wrist, and pulls me back to him gently.

He, then, kisses me.

"Jack, we can't- not until I find some way-" I begin, and he nods.

"I know." He tells me, before walking away.

I walk up to William and Bethie, she looks at him, smiles and turns to see me.

"We should all return to the Dauntless." Elizabeth tells him.

"Your fiances will be wanting to know you're safe." William tells us. Me and Elizabeth walk away, towards the exit, as I see Jack walk up to Will.

"If you were waiting for the opportune moment, that was it." Jack tells him.

"I could say the same to you." William tells him.

"Now, I'd be much obliged if you'd drop me off at my ship." Jack tells us, as we all head to the longboat.

"I'm sorry, Jack." I tell him."They done what's right by them. Can't expect more than that." Jack tells us.