23:

"Anna-Marie! Elizabeth! Thank heavens you're alright!" Father tells us.

"I'm not going home, father. I refuse to." I tell him.

"What ever do you mean?" He asks.

"I don't want to go back to Port Royal." I tell him.

"We have to save Will!" Elizabeth tells him.

"No, you're both safe now. We'll return to Port Royal immediatly." Father tells us.

"No-" I whisper.

Why doesn't he understand? I can't go back. I won't.

"Father, please. Don't make me go back." I plead him.

"Maybe now, you'll learn to not go gallivanting after pirates!" He shouts at me.

"I was doing what I thought would be best. I was protecting my sister, and I helped save her. That doesn't matter to you, does it? I have no place in a man's world. I'm only good for bearing children and being married off to. In case you have forgotten, you're not my true father." I snap.

"What? How did-" he begins.

"I met Hector Barbossa. He told me the truth." I tell him.

"I should've told you. I'm sorry. Yes, when Elizabeth was two years old, we heard a knock on the front door. Barbossa was an old friend, and when he handed me you, and said his wife had passed and he couldn't raise you, I had to take you in. Anna-Marie, I do not regret taking you in, if that's what you think." He tells me.

"Then we condemn William to death." I tell him.

He sighs.

"The boys fate is regrettable. Then again, so is the decision to fool around in piracy." My father tells us.

"I did more than William. Father, I was raped, yet again, and the only person who saved me was that man standing behind me. Jack and Mr. Gibbs saved me." i tell him.

"I am deeply sorry you went through more trauma, but that doesn't excuse his crimes-" He begins.

I sigh, and step away.

"I may be so bold as to interject my professional opinion, The Pearl was listing after the battle. It's very unlikely she'll be able to make good time. Think about it. The Black Pearl. The last real pirate threat in the Caribbean, mate. How can you pass that up, eh?" Jack asks.

"By remembering I serve others, not only myself." Norrington tells him.

"Norrington, come on! Please. I'll do whatever it is you wish me to do, but I can't sit around and know that we're letting a young man die." I tell him.

"Commodore, I beg you. Please do this. For me. As a wedding gift." Elizabeth continues, and I gasp, turning around to see her."Bethie? Are you saying what I think you're saying?" I ask.

"Are you accepting the Commodore's proposal?" Father asks.

"I am." Elizabeth tells father.

"Wait, Bethie, you don't have to do this." I tell her.

"If I don't, then William dies. Please support me on this-" she begins.

"I never said I didn't support you. I'm just... surprised. You really don't have to do this." I tell her.

"I'm saving my friend. You should do the same." Elizabeth snaps.

"Beckett. If I play the cards right, then I'll save Jack." I whisper.

As father and Commodore begin to walk away she stops him.

"Father, wait. Anna-Marie said she'd marry Lord Beckett." Elizabeth shouts, and Jacks smile went from to his ears, to a frown.

I mouthed an 'I'm sorry' to him.

"A double wedding. I love weddings. Drinks all around." Jack laughs, but you could hear the hurt in his voice.

Norrington gives him a look.

"I know, clap him in irons, right?" Jack asks, putting his hands in front of him.

"Mr. Sparrow, you will accompany these fine men to the helm and provide us with a bearing to Isla de Muerta. You will then spend the rest of the voyage contemplating all meanings to the phrase 'silent as the grave.' Do I make myself clear?" Norrington asks.

"Inescapably clear." Jack tells them, as he's being escorted.