5 - 3

Junkyu

After spending the whole week just going between the dorm and the agency, our music video shooting for Loud is the first time where I have to actually be careful about how I interact with Mashiho. I saw some fan sites around outside earlier, and there are cameras everywhere in this big studio for behind the scenes footage. Cameras and fans aside, I think the staff would get an awful shock if we just started kissing on set, too. Jaehyuk and Asahi's relationship is just between us members, and mine and Mashiho's will be as well, and that's perfectly fine. I'm much too happy to care about things like that. Besides, I kind of like that it's our little secret. I'm not desperate to broadcast our relationship to the world like maybe some other idols might be wishing they could. I'm quite settled with things as they are.

"Junkyu, could you take this camera around and do some little interviews with members and things like that?" A frantic-looking camera crew member comes bustling up to me with a small camera on a selfie stick.

I don't have a chance to respond before they shove the thing into my hand and hurry off again. I guess I am just hanging around not doing much. It's only individual filming today, I did some first up and I'm not needed again for a while. I adjust the white fluffy jacket I have on, check that my recently cut hair looks okay in the viewfinder, then raise up the camera and give it my biggest smile.

"Hello! This is MC Junkyu, on site at the Loud music video filming, about to conduct exclusive interviews with your favourite superstars!" Jeongwoo approaches me then, appearing in the corner of the viewfinder. I turn to him excitedly. "Ah, our first guest! Welcome, Park Jeongwoo."

"What an honour to be here." He catches on quick. "It's always been my dream to come on your program."

"So, Jeongwoo." I put an arm around him. "Who do you think suits the Loud concept the most, out of all the members?"

Jeongwoo raises an eyebrow. "Should we say on the count of three?"

As I count down from three, I assume he means that we're both going to say each other at the same time and it'll be fun, but when I say "Jeongwoo!" he says, confidently, "Mashiho!"

I gasp, dropping my arm from around him. "You didn't say me!"

Jeongwoo looks at me with a dead serious face, even though I can tell he's trying not to laugh. "Are you kidding? You didn't say Mashiho for a cute concept? For the song that he made? Wow, I can't believe you. Kim Junkyu, the only person in the world to think our Mashiho isn't cute."

This kid. He's trying to make me flustered and it's working. I'm glad I'm caked in makeup right now so my blush isn't too obvious.

"No, n-no, no!" I stammer, laughing nervously. "That's not what I—"

"Gosh, Junkyu, that's so offensive to Mashiho, after everything he's done for Loud," Jeongwoo says disapprovingly, shaking his head and still somehow managing not to crack a smile.

"Shut up!" I whine, looking pleadingly into the camera. "I thought we were doing the thing where we count down and then I say you and you say me but then you said Mashiho and—"

"Did someone say my name?"

Mashiho comes up behind me with an easy smile, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Mashi, who do you think is best suited to the concept for the Loud music video?" I ask quickly, angling the camera towards him, before Jeongwoo can expose me.

"Why don't you both say on the count of three?" Jeongwoo intercepts.

As Jeongwoo counts down, I give Mashiho a look to say you better choose me, but when I say "Mashiho!" he says "Jeongwoo!" And now Jeongwoo and Mashiho are shaking hands and hugging and patting each other on the back and talking about how great each other are. I roll my eyes at the camera, then hand it over to Jeongwoo.