the dreamwalker

Running.

Her feet padded across the muddy land, breath labored as she pushed her legs to go faster.

Run faster.

Faster!

A sob escaped her lips as she glanced back, her wet hair wildly and sloppily hitting her face as her eyes caught sight of the dark figure emerging from the shadows.

Distracted for a moment, she didn't notice the slippery edge of the forest, her feet sliding across the ground as she screamed, body falling beyond the cliff with her body freefalling into the dark waters.

No!

Not this way!

No, no, no!

"No!"

Sitting up from her bed, she released loud cries. Please tell me I'm awake. Stumbling across her mess of a bed, she started falling to the cold ground. Ignoring the pain, she almost crawled to her life sized mirror, hands shakily tracing her features.

It's me...it's me.

Just to make sure, she ran to her desk, opening the first book she saw. 

"The factors of crop pants that are grown through domesticated processes...okay, okay...I'm awake. I'm awake. This is real, this...this is real..." choking back another sob, she breathed a sigh of relief, dropping the book on the table. She slowly walked backwards as if in a daze and down on the bed, her pounding heart now slowing down.

Exhaling through her lips, she sat on the edge of her bed and recalled the dream—well, not really a dream.

A mausoleum in the middle of the forest. 

An opened tomb.

Resurrection.

Sighing shakily, she shook her head and wondered where her mind and spirit took her this time.

It's gotten more unstable and uncontrollable ever since they moved. At first, the dreams were almost just memories of the people she'd interacted with today—she couldn't help it, really, she didn't want to know what they do in their past time.

But then it started getting more disturbing, and although she hopes it's not true, she feels as though she's conjuring someone—no, something...it didn't feel human. That dark figure didn't feel human.

Jumping at the sudden noise of scratching at her door, her lips quirked up in a small smile. Walking over to the door and opening it, her cat softly meowed, rubbing against her leg. The damn cat always know...

"I'm fine now...thank you for checking up on me, Pichi..." she gently carried the cat, placing it on her bed. She knows she won't go to sleep, but at least she's got company.

Unbeknownst to her, a dark figure loomed over her window, watching.

Always watching.