forelsket

Five thought he'd felt all there is to feel when he thought he lost his siblings in the apocalypse—and even when he got stuck there, alone. For thirteen years. He's experienced all there is, felt all there is, but this certain scenario isn't familiar to him. And as if his heartbeat slows along with the world around him, his chest bursts into a series of emotions he isn't quite sure how to comprehend—even understand, still.

And everyone must've felt the same way. Because as the question barely leaves Aurelia's red lips, everybody inside the room had already erupted into shock and anger.

 But [Name] only remained silent, her mind barely registering the shock and anger of Five and a burst of light blue—the power in his hands humming wildly as he spoke through gritted teeth, "what?"

Death

[Name] ponders. She's never been quite familiar with death. Only her grandmother.

"How could you say that?!" Vanya cries out to a stoic Aurelia, who raised her hand to silence all of them. Luther holds a hand out to Five, stopping him from taking any further steps. 

Everything is blurring together—Five has somehow lost sense of all things; the only thing wildly flashing inside his mess of a mind is the sight of an unmoving and lifeless [Name]. And somehow, the whole idea stings. It burns harder than anything he's felt before, and he sees nothing but the embers of searing disbelief and shock.

Aurelia sighs, "just as I feared," she murmurs to herself, before turning to [Name], "dear, listen to me. You know, even if others say our gift isn't quite like the ones the others posses...useless, as they would call it, it's still a gift that helps people. And just like every ability there is out there, it has its advantages and disadvantages. We can make this right, but I'm afraid that even though I have quite the knowledge, sealing off such a great inhumane force is one I still cannot grasp."

"So, you ask her to die?" Five sneers, and [Name] breathlessly looks at him. When his wild eyes meet her solemn ones, she shakes her head. Five swallows down his anger, and sighs heavily as he tries to calm his erratic thoughts and emotions. What's gotten into him?

"I did not. I asked her if she's ready to do whatever it takes to stop the Caligo. Even if it means having to sacrifice herself." Aurelia looks at Five with a scolding glare, and the boy scoffs lightly.

"There's no need to sacrifice anybody," Five levels her own glare, "because we're here. To help. [Name] is with us." He says with a clenched jaw, and his siblings show their affirmations. 

"That's right." Klaus nods, a genuine expression on his face.

"[Name] is now family." Vanya follows up and the girl looks at them in surprise as the rest of the siblings smile at her. Luther doesn't, but he acknowledges her with a nod. Allison holds a hand to the girl as she looks Aurelia.