°37 *

Two weeks have passed, and Sophia is going to be released from the hospital tomorrow. She's gone through the required therapy, and seems to be feeling much better. I'm waiting for the new bed I ordered and putting her clothes back on the hangers. The gift I bought her from 'that night' is on top of the dresser, and I stare at it remembering how things went sideways.

Somehow Kang Daeshim managed to get Aera to sign the divorce papers. I feel so relieved, but wary still. Yoongi told me that she is living at the home of Lee Ju-won, and still visiting Ha-eun often. Their influence on her already obsessive behavior, concerns me. They have done horrible things to Sophia, and with Aera hating her...

The doorbell rings and I run down to answer it. I check the camera, and see the delivery men with the bed so I open the door for them. I will not allow Sophia to sleep in the bed that she witnessed Aera in. I even considered buying a different house, but my father talked me out of going that far. I just don't want there to be any more issues for her.

After the bed is set up, I pull out the new sheets, and fix it up. I'll go tomorrow and buy some new pillows since the bed is much bigger than before. I need a new duvet also, so before I pick up Sophia, I'll make a trip to the shop. I only want her to be comfortable again in our home. Once I'm finished in the bedroom, I head out to the hospital.

When I get to the floor, I see Taehyung hyung leaving her room. I try hard not to be jealous, but knowing how he feels about her, it's sometimes difficult. I know if I screw up again, he'll take her from me without hesitation. I'll work hard for that not to happen. He's a good man, but it would kill me if she chooses him.

He acknowledges me, but doesn't stop to talk, so I enter her room to find her sleeping. Smiling at how peaceful she looks, I sit on the chair next to her and take a sneaky picture of her. The bandages are long gone, but the scars on her cheek and wrists are still evident. I fell in love with her when she had a scar, it never bothered me like it did her. There isn't anything, in my opinion, that could diminish her beauty.

I can't help but to reach out and move a few strands of hair away from her face. My hand lands on her cheek, and my thumb traces circles on it. She stirs and her eyes flutter open. The green is always so amazing to me. Deep and bright... It takes my breath away every time she looks into my own brown orbs.

"hey..." She whispers, bringing me out of my trance.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to wake you. I just couldn't help touching your beautiful face..."

She giggles at me, while I begin blushing. She's the only woman that could ever make me shy.

"It's alright. I shouldn't be sleeping anyway. I probably won't be able to at night now, so it's good you woke me."

Her smile gives the butterflies in my stomach their wings, and I lean in to join our lips. Her hand goes into my hair while I tilt my head to deepen the kiss. Our tongues massage each other's, and I can't help but groan at how she makes me feel. Pulling apart, both panting to catch our breath, I connect our foreheads.

"I love you so much. I can't wait to get you back home where you belong."

I see the flicker of uneasiness in her eyes, but she just pastes a smile on her lips. I wish the smile met her eyes, but I know I'm going to have to work for that. We talk about how Olivia is doing, and how we can't wait to spend our nights as a family again. I try to reassure her that the divorce will be finalized soon, and Aera is out of our lives. Since I'm not as confident as I should be, she is understandably cautious in her optimism.

I don't tell her about the new bed to not bring up the reason it was necessary. She'll know once she's home. Hopefully, it will make her happy and relaxed. A nurse enters the room with medicine she has to take. I can tell she doesn't want to, but I just hold her hand while she swallows them down with some juice. A tear slips from her eye, and I'm quick to wipe it away with my fingers.