°36 *

Aera

The memories are jumbled up... The day the men came and freed me from the prison I'd been trapped in for months, I cried in relief. The gun shots were scary, but when the door burst open I wasn't afraid anymore seeing the new faces because I saw Min Yoongi with them. I hugged him in happiness that a familiar face was there.

Something bothered me though... I thought I'd seen him before I was taken. He says that I must be confused... I don't think too hard about it though. The police questioned me about the men who held me, and what they did. I don't want to remember, but I tell them anyway. Who the men were, I can't say... They always wore masks, and even though they sounded familiar, I don't know who they were.

I tell the police all the torturous things they did, and they wrote it all down. The thing they're confused by, and I can't explain, is why I have no scars or bruises. I can't explain it, but I'm not making it up. I can tell they think I'm crazy, and that noone actually harmed me. The brutality I endured couldn't be in my head... Right?

I'm sitting in the therapist's office listening to him drone on about how it's impossible to have implanted memories... I've basically tuned him out, and when the session ends he tells me he'll see me next week. My Father insists I come here, but I don't want to anymore. This guy is like everyone else... He thinks I made everything up. The only person who believes me is my mother. Not Mrs. Kang, but my real mother. I went to visit her the other day for the first time ever. Lee Ha-eun... She's in prison because of Jungkook's 'true love'... One more reason to hate that bitch.

Flashback

"Who are you?" The woman in the gray prison jumpsuit asks me.

"I'm your daughter, Kang Aera."

Her eyes go wide and a grin forms on her pale face. I smile back at her and wish the glass wasn't seperating us. She's the missing piece in my life that I never knew about, and I'm so angry at my father for keeping me away from her.

"You're even more beautiful than I imagined. What brings you to this depressing place my daughter?"

"I didn't know you existed... I was always told that father's wife is my mother. I learned the truth recently when I was kidnapped. They told me about you, and my half sister."

"I don't want to talk about that trash. She's weak and the reason I'm here..."

"I'm sorry mother... I won't mention her again. I hate her also, so it's no loss."

"You know her?"

"I'm married to Jeon Jungkook... A business marriage that took place after she faked her death. But she's back now, and he has cast me aside."

I see a strange twinkle in her eyes, and I wonder what is going through her mind. I don't have to wait long though because she despises the girl more than I ever could. She places her hand on the glass suddenly, almost smacking it.

"You can't let her win... She deserves nothing! Do you love your husband?"

I nod at her and she is smiling at me.

"I want you to go see my husband. Lee Ju-won... Tell him I sent you and explain that bitch is stealing your husband. He'll help you... You won't have to fear anything from her. If your husband won't listen, Ju-won will take care of her... She'll never be able to bother your marriage again."