°19 *

3 months... Has it been that long? I open my eyes to the squirming creature beside me, and tears start to fall from my eyes. Olivia... She's an angel, but every time I look at her, I feel a certain resentment I can't control. I know that makes me a horrible parent, and Sophia is frowning at me for just thinking it. I just can't help thinking that my love would still be here, if she hadn't had to bring Olivia into the world...

Sighing heavily, I pick up my squirmy child, and get off the bed. I take her to the changing table and clean her, and put a fresh diaper on. As I'm finishing, my door opens and Mom pokes her head in. "Everything ok? I heard Olivia fussing for a while." I just nod and pick up the baby. I don't talk much these days. Noone wants to hear my thoughts, so I keep them to myself.

"Jungkook... I would like you to sit down with me today. I want to talk about an arrangement for you..."

"NO! Don't even consider it. I will NOT marry! Mother, understand me please. I have my heir, I don't need a wife." I push past her to bring my daughter downstairs to have a bottle. When I walk into the kitchen, the maids scatter. I guess I've been kind of a dick lately, but whatever. Mrs. Choi isn't afraid of me though. She hands me a warm bottle for Olivia, and smiles before returning to her breakfast preparation.

I walk with Olivia to the living room. Sitting on the couch, I feed her the bottle and stare into her eyes. She likes to have eye contact with me, just like her mother did. I tell her stories every day about how brave and beautiful Sophia was. I tell her what her mother shared with me about her father and grandparents. The chicken stories are Olivia's favorite. She squirms and kicks like she's excited about the fucking chickens.

When she's finished her bottle, she belches like the lady she's going to be, I hand her off to Mrs. Choi with a kiss on her cheek. I head to take my shower, and get ready for work. I look forward to going to work lately. Not because I'm excited about the job, but because it's the only place there are no memories of my love... Well, mostly... Just regrets because I spent too much time here in the last couple weeks of her life.

Taehyung has been strange lately. I know he cared about Sophia from the time he was friends with 'Mina' in Busan, but there is something he is keeping from me. I'm too tired to pay attention to it though. If he needs me, he'll tell me... He recently went to my house to get the contractors working on fixing everything that was broken that last day. Noone really knows who tried to take Sophia that day, but we can imagine. The security guard was in critical condition, but finally pulled through. I paid him a hefty sum to spend time with his family until he's ready to return.

I went there last week to tell Taehyung what I wanted for Olivia's room, and the changes to make in mine. I ended up sitting in the luggage nook in the guest room closet, sobbing like a child. She was so scared... Is that part of what caused her to bleed out? Her blood pressure must have been high, and it was one of the warnings Hobi hyung gave us repeatedly, when he was on our side. Pre-eclampsia caused by high blood pressure...

I walked into my office to a face I never wanted to see again. I pause, but make my way to my desk and get ready to start working, ignoring her. "Hi Jungkook. How have you been?" I look at her with my best "fuck you" face and scoff... "Do you think of this shit, or is your brain not connected to your mouth?" She's startled by my response, but I don't give a fuck.

"I guess that was insensitive... I wanted to talk with you about a few things."

"I don't want to hear anything you might want to say. I never have Seo-yeon. Please leave. I have work to do." I'm biting my cheek to stop myself from going further.

"The thing is... Now that she is dead, and your arrangement with the Lee's too... My parents want to reinstate our arrangement. I could help with your child Jungkook. We could be happy..."