2

I woke up to the sun in my face. i scrunched up my face moving it to the side, however the sun followed. i groaned slightly. my ears twitched as the wind softly knocked against the window. stretching my tail up i rested it over my eyes blocking the sun. getting comfortable i started to fall into a peaceful bliss until my ears twitched. i could hear my dad's heavy footsteps.

"don't you do it old man"

i groaned out once i realized he was walking in the direction of my room. his scent was getting stronger as well.

soon he placed three knocks on my door before walking in.

i tried to pretend to be sleep.

Pops: nah nah, you wont fool me again mimi. i know your'e awake. I'm sure you heard me from a mile away. 

A smile formed on my face as i burst into laughter. 

Me: how'd you tell?

i asked sitting up removing my tail from my face. 

i sat at the edge of my bed in his well put together suit. presumable work attire.

Pops: well for one your my daughter... a father always knows.

i smirked cocking my face to the side squinting my eyes at him

Me: yeah right, just not the last 3 times huh?

He laughed leaning forward roughing up my hair a bit.

Pops: oh shhh. your my daughter i can  always tell... hybrid daughter at that. i'm sure your senses have gotten better with age. 

i nodded fiddling with my tail. He was correct. I'm what the world refers to as a hybrid. From what I'm told my mom was also a hybrid. But she passed away when i was very young so i don't remember much about her. My dad loves to tell me stories and he had many pictures up of her as well.

I was half human half feline, cheetah to be exact. i had nice chocolate skin with a thick soft cheetah tell. my eyes slightly slanted but not enough that it was noticeable. My dark brown eyes turning a golden crisp when the sun hits them. Let's not forget my little perky ears. 

I grew to love everything about myself. Although that was not always the case and like many young hybrids i questioned myself and my existence. Grew up hating myself i guess... i just wanted to feel normal. As i grew older i realized it was foolish to think that way.

Hybrids where never treated differently than regular humans. we were able to do everything they could and had the same opportunities... i guess... we just stood out. Of course every now and then we came into contact with a few ignorant people but ultimately life for a hybrid was no different than a regular human.