continuing ...

Manager Oka tried to convince Langa, but all he said in response was...
"No, I want to see what it feels like to be against someone on a higher level than me."
At last, manager Oka gave up.

xxx

It was the day of the race, Reki who was now shaking Langa frantically, look over at you.
"Y/N! I beg you, tell him something! You promised?" He says.
"Look, Langa, Reki is really worried about you. Just tell him you won't get hurt." You flash a quick smile and looked away.
"I won't get hurt, Reki." He says,
"You will! Look, please just listen to what I have to say, alright?" Reki begs.
"Go on..." Langa sighs.
"I once had a very good bestfriend, he was loyal and the only person who spoke to me at the time. He had an accident while skateboarding with me. He soon quit skating and moved on with his life, leaving me behind." Reki looked away.
"Hey, listen, I promise I will not get hurt and I will definitely not be quitting skateboarding so early." Langa says as he points his pinky finger up.
"Huh? We're not kids! This is how real men do it." Reki laughs as he does a friendly handshake with Langa.
"Promise." 

You went over to the rocks to sit, you hear a voice though...
"My skateboard was rigged, it's wheels were turning randomly without my control. The skateboard was super slow."
Huh? I wonder who it is...
You peak over the side of the rocks, noticing a cape.
"Look, thanks for helping me with this. I will leave one more request before I go and completely crash that kid."
"Alright, sir. Shoot you request." Another voice says,
"I need you to stay in touch with me while in the race, I need to know how far behind me he is at all times. If you see he pull a suspicious move, inform me asap." 
You peaked over a little more, seeing that this wasn't some sort of stranger.
It was Adam.
He was planning to cheat?
You ran back to Miya, almost tripping in the process, he caught you in time.
"What's with the rush?" He laughs .
"They, they well-" You pant through your words,
"They are cheating!" You say.
"Who? Huh?" Miya asks patiently,
"Adam and someone else. They are going to cheat in the race, I overheard them!" 
You say while shaking the living hell out of Miya.
"Calm down, what else did you hear?" He asks, taking your hands off his shoulders.
"Adam said his skateboard was rigged during the race where he went against me."
You quickly say.
Miya froze, you realised something was up.
"Miya?" 
"Huh? Oh! Uh well, must of been a coincidence! " He says as he rubs the bag of his neck.
"Mhm..." You say tilting your head and squinting your eyes.
You crossed your arms and said...
"Do you have something to do with that "Coincidence"?" 
"Look, I didn't want you to get hurt, I didn't want to lose-" 
You cut Miya off,
"Why would you do that? I wanted to race fairly to see what level I'm on..." Your arms dropped, and your trust in Miya did too.
"You didn't let me finish, if I lost y-"
You were already gone.

You walked over to a bench and stared up at the night sky.
Why would he do that? He should of known you wanted to do this for a proper reason. He got your hopes up.
He...
lied.

You kick some stones around, with the muffled out sounds of the crowds talking in the background.
"This isn't fair." You mutter to yourself.
"What isn't?" A voice behind you said.
"Huh?" You say as you turn around, 
only to be greeted by a smirk of Adam and his ... well... friend?
"It's none of your business, get lost !" You spit at them.
"Did you hear our conversation earlier?"
You froze, how did they know?
"What conversation ?" You ask, trying to act puzzled .
"You know what one." The 'friend' says, taking something out from his pocket.
"Pedos, get away from me! I didn't hear anything." You say as you kick his ankle.
"woah, ow. Kid calm down." He says as he moves back.
He soon starts talking on the phone with someone, the conversation muffled as he walks away.

"We know you hear." Adam says,
"Whatda say old man? Speak up." You say, putting your next to your ear, completely mocking Adam.
"Listen, y/n-" He says, but you, again- barge in.
"Your pronunciation ! Say my name again!" You say laughing.
"Be quiet." He says, continuing...
"Y/n, who did you tell?" 
"Tell who what what? Sorry man, no idea what you're talking about." You smile at him, turning on your heels to walk away.
"If you don't tell me the truth we will be forced to tell everyone you cheated in the race." 
You freeze once more,
"I didn't cheat! Your board just sucks!" You say as you take your skateboard and ride off.
"Stupid kids, she will learn her lesson."
You hear him mutter.

xxx

"Y/n!" You hear Miya shout,
"Don't wanna hear it-"
"Please, listen!" He begs,
"Just this once."
"I didn't want you to get hurt in this race of yours, so I decided to make sure you wouldn't. I really didn't want to lose you." He said looking down, regret filling his eyes.
He realised that you weren't too happy with what he had done.
"Sorry..." He says looking back up,
shocked when he saw you smiling at him.
"It's fine! Really, no worries." You hug him tightly.
"Thanks y/n." He laughs, hugging you back.
But pull away when you hear a crowd in the audience cheer.
"Adam is here, lets get going."
He grabs your hand and takes you back to the audience.