XX. His Butler, In Love

In the eyes of... Sebastian Michaelis

My young master and I were sat on a train to Scotland. After a little digging I had found a clue to continue our 'vampire case' that led us to Edinburgh. Howard Wickard and his friends have been rumored to have been spotted there.

Ciel sat across from me in the booth. He had been staring out the window for the longest time. He was even more broody than normal. I wondered what was bothering him.

Actually, I did not wonder. It could only be one thing. Three days ago, in an act of weakness, I had ridiculously forced my idiotic fantasies onto my master and now he was upset. Of course, I had no control over what I did as the mating season's effects took me by surprise.. but still. He hadn't been quite the same after that. I had worried that our love making may have tainted his soul but it was normal. It was how I always remembered it. It was something else that had changed but I somehow couldn't put a finger on it. It must be a human matter.

I could also feel a change in myself. In how I felt about my master. I worried about him, much more than I ever had. And I wanted him to be happy. It was royally irritating. I was a bloody demon, why should I care?

"Hey," Ciel said as he nudged my leg with his foot.

I looked into his shiny blue eyes.

It took a while for him to speak. As he thought over what he was going to say he blushed lightly.

Why was he so.. beautiful?

"Do you ever think about.. what happened?" He asked softly.

"What happened?"

"You know... when we.." He couldn't even say it.

Ciel's heart began to pound frantically.

I couldn't help but laugh at him.

"Stop it!" He exclaimed angrily as he kicked his shoe to my face.

I caught his shoe and I couldn't stop laughing.

Ciel's frustration grew.

As I settled down, I knelt down in front of him and carefully put his shoe back on his delicate foot. I felt something warm inside me. It wasn't the heat of the fires from hell I usually felt. It was softer.. kinder.

"Well?" He pushed as he crossed his arms.

"I think it's best not to dwell on the past, don't you agree?" I hummed.

"So you're really going to pretend it didn't happen?!" Ciel exclaimed frustratedly.

"Pretend what didn't happen?" I looked at him innocently.

Ciel kicked my shoulder with force.

I began to chuckle once more.

I could tell my master was well fed up with me but that only added to my amusement.

I sat back down on the other side.

"I want to try it again." Ciel said quietly while he stared out the window.

I looked at his face. Was he serious? What was wrong this child? Hadn't I caused him enough pain? The bruises on his body were finally beginning to heal and he wanted more?

I wanted to to tell him off. But the idea.. of repeating that blood-red night gave me thoughts I hadn't allowed myself to think of. The idea of being with him again.. It made me.. happy?

What was going on? These feelings were supposed to have evaporated by now! How long were my eyes going to be covered with this soft pink colour?!

"You should tell Lady Elizabeth, I'm sure she'll be ecstatic!" I finally answered.

"You know what I mean!" Ciel yelled.

"I told you it's not happening." I said annoyed. Ciel was whining like a child who wanted candy. What this child didn't know was that too much candy rots your teeth.

"Why not?!"

"Because you are insufferable!" I exploded.

Ciel's eyes were full of pain as he got up.

"Where are you going?" 

"Away from you!" Ciel slammed the door of the booth behind him.

I sighed. What was wrong with me? I never lost my temper, I didn't have a temper! But this child.. Why couldn't he just understand that I wanted to protect him? I wanted to do my job as a demon. And I wanted to eat his perfect soul after he'd achieved his goal. It was simple. No, it had been simple but suddenly during mating season all these emotions arrived and never left. I had more control now over my actions and I didn't feel quite as dramatic... but I felt things. I felt affection, I felt worry, I felt lust. And I didn't feel all that hungry anymore.