XIX. His Master, Enchanted

In the eyes of... Ciel Phantomhive

The next morning was a rainy one. I woke up from the thunder coming from outside. As I awoke, my mind immediately went back to yesterday.. Blood rushed to my cheeks and I felt embarrassed at the warmth in my stomach. My mind went back to all the places Sebastian touched me.. All the different ways I felt last night. When I cried in his arms after it was all over.

I really wanted to see him. I wondered how he would feel today. Was mating season really over? And what would that mean?

I sat up on the bed and instantly felt pain.. everywhere. I forced myself to be tough and I sat up anyways. It hurt like hell. I looked down at my arms and legs and I was covered in bruises. But what was worse than the pain was waiting.. waiting for Sebastian to come inside. And wondering how he would feel about last night.

The roses and candles were gone.. and I had no idea how Sebastian had changed the sheets while I was sleeping.. It was almost as if last night hadn't happened at all.

After a while of staring aimlessly ahead, pondering things over again and again I started to worry that Sebastian might not show up at all. Maybe he had left again.. My heart hurt just from that idea.

Suddenly the door opened and Sebastian came inside with tea in his hands.

"What took you so long?" I said aggravatedly.

Sebastian set the tea down on my nightstand.

"It is the usual time, Bocchan." He said calmly.

I looked at the clock and my cheeks burned up. He was right. What was wrong with me?!

"R-right.." I looked away and quietly sipped my tea.

Sebastian waited patiently.

He seemed normal. His eyes weren't glowing. They were the normal deep red color that I hadn't seen as much during mating season. I wondered how he felt. I tried to think of a way to formulate a question that wouldn't sound like I actually cared.

I settled for the first thing I could think of.

"How are you feeling?" I asked quietly, trying to look at anything but him.

I heard an obnoxious chuckle beside me.

I turned my head his way and he was totally laughing at me.

"Forget it." I muttered angrily.

"I apologize, Bocchan. It is rather unusual for you to ask about my well-being. I just found it humorous." Sebastain smiled.

I rolled my eyes. Was he going to answer the question?

"I feel normal again. All the urges and feelings I felt before are gone, thankfully."

Somehow the way he said that stung. Like these past few days had just been a big nuisance to him. He was glad it was over and it had meant nothing to him. He was back to being his usual cool self. And everything that had happened would be forgotten.

"How are you feeling, Master?" Sebastian asked.

I felt terrible. Not just physically but after what he'd said..

"I'm fine."

...

I blushed and tensed as Sebastian's hand slid across my naked back.

I sat in the bath feeling more uncomfortable than I ever had as Sebastian washed me. He had seen me naked so many times. He had washed me so many times. But it all felt different now. When he touched me, it felt like an instant flashback to last night and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't forget about it.

"Is something on your mind?" Sebastian mused while the cloth slipped across my skin.

I felt butterflies in my stomach as he spoke softly into my ear.

I looked down at my wrists that were bruised from yesterday. It hadn't exactly been what I'd expected.. It wasn't that gentle or soft.. like I thought it would be. But it was our experience. And somehow I felt closer to him. I had no idea if that was some weird demon magic working it's way into me or if that was what I really felt.

I looked up into Sebastian's curious eyes.

"Did.. How do you feel about.. yesterday." I said quietly.

Sebastian's eyes narrowed in thought. His eyes remained locked with mine.

Then he looked away.

"Not my finest hour." He said finally.

What did that mean?!

"So you regret it?" My heart pound fast at the idea that he regretted what made me.. happy?

"I don't regret. It just should not have happened." He said calmly while he continued washing my neck.

I clenched my hands onto the bath tub. I looked down at the water.

"Did you.. like it?" I whispered.

I had never felt this insecure before. Something had changed.. It was like everything he felt was suddenly of the utmost importance to me.

Sebastian lifted up my chin. And I looked into his eyes.

He gently moved the wet cloth across my cheek.

"Yes." He breathed.

I blinked as my heart beat out of my chest. And I hoped he would kiss me.. I wanted to kiss him.

Then he pulled away and rose to his feet.

"It just can't happen again." Sebastian said.