Chapter 24

THEY RODE THROUGH THE STREETSof Telmar

of Telmar. Caspian up front with a new crown on his head with Nick and Peter behind, riding side by side like always. Susan, Edmund and Lucy rode behind, smiling at the crowd cheering.

Nick smiled at the crowd as they threw rose petals at them as they approached the castle.

They stood in the crowd, her head on his shoulder before she looked up up, staring at his face.

Nick brushed a finger across the subtle scar on his cheek, running over to the healing wound on his nose. He smiled at her and for a second, they were at peace, the two just waiting.

"You look stunning you know," Peter said gesturing to the light red corset off the shoulder dress Nick was wearing.

She smiled at him, "You don't look too bad yourself," she said, running her hands up and down his arms as she looked at his ensemble.

They started walking, seeing Susan and Aslan waiting somewhere. He called them over, a strange look on the lions face.

"Peter, Dominique, Susan, I need to tell you that from now on, Narnia will not be your home," Aslan said and Nick took in a deep breath, confused as to what was going on.

It was silent until Peter asked why, no anger in his voice, just confusion. Aslan bowed his head slightly as he started walking, the others following him out.

"Peter, you and the girls have learnt all that you need from Narnia and I am sure you will all be happy in your home land." He explained, looking at them.

Peters grip around Nicks waist tightened slightly as he got emotional, not wanting to let her go as well.

"You must trust Caspian and maybe one day, when your time comes and if the Narnia needs you than you may return," Aslan explained.

Nick held in the tears, looking out at the place she called home for so long. She couldn't imagine not coming back again.

"What will happen to Ed and Lucy? Will they come back?" Susan asked and Aslan nodded his head.

"Narnia still has need for them and they still have need for Narnia," he said before stopping in a courtyard. "Now that you know me here, you will know me better in your world, I wish you all luck,"

"Also, Dominique, there is a small thing left at your house, just something that doesn't belong in Narnia," Aslan said and she looked at him confused, wondering what it could be.

"Your majesty," Aslan said, turning to Caspian as they walked through the courtyard. Nick was still processing what she had just been told as they turned to Caspian.