Chapter 23

NICK WATCHED AS THEY LAUNCHED A catapult, a huge boulder flying towards Aslans How

They struck the ground next to them, Nick flinching as one landed dangerously close to them. Sure, she had armour on but not as much as Peter or Edmund and that was the thing that nearly got her killed in the last big war they were in.

"Cavalry!" Glozelle yelled, the horses running towards them and Nick nervously laughed as catapults flew their way.

She waited for Peters command, her sword in hand as the Telmarines approached. Caspian rode off with Glenstorm into Aslans How, calling the Narnians for the war.

They ran out as fanfare sounded, Peter staring down the Telmarines. He counted up, all of them standing ready. "Eight, Nine," Peter said before looking at the Telmarines with resolve.

"Get ready!" He yelled and the ground fell out in front of them, Telmarines falling to the ground.

The archers shot at the Telmarines, Susan yelling her command as they died trying to climb back up the hill.

"Charge!"Peter yelled as Edmund climbed up onto his horse, the two running into battle with their swords at the ready.

Caspian rode out, Narnians emerging from the underground caves to attack the Narnians.

Once again, Nick was seperated from Peter but she trusted him and his skills as she lunged towards one of the Telmarines with a yell. She knocked one over, kicking him in the face before stabbing him through the heart.

Nick ran into the battle, heart pounding on her chest and adrenaline coursing through her veins as she stabbed another Telmarine, knocking them into the ditch.

Glozelle rode forward with an army of men on foot and Nick looked to Peter. He nodded as they both looked up into the sky at the griffins who were carrying archers as they shot down the Telmarines from above.

Sopespian sat pretty from his arms as they shot down the griffins left right and center. Nick ran over to Peter as he stopped.

"Lucy," he whispered and Nick sighed, looking out into the forest and wondering if she was safe.

"Back to the How!" Peter yelled and they ran back.

Just as they reached the entrance, it collapsed under a boulder that had been catapulted by the Telmaribe. Nuck and Peter shared knowing glances as a few Narnins were crushed under the rubble.

They looked up to see Susan fall, Trumpkin holding onto her as Caspian ran towards her. Susan slipped out of Trumpkins hand, falling down a slope as she yelled.

They turned back to see the Telmarines on foot run towards them.

Edmund and Susan ran towards them, the latter pulling his sword out and readying himself for battle. They all ran forward, charging towards the Telmarines, slashing through them as they fought through the crowd.