Chapter 19

LUCY WOKE UP AFTER A DREAM about Aslan to see everyone fast asleep

about Aslan to see everyone fast asleep. Nick and Peter lay asleep, legs tangled together as they slept peacefully after her nightmare.

She sat up, trying to wake Susan up but it wasn't working very well. A twig snapped and Lucy walked away, looking for Aslan but not seeing anything.

Peter and Nick saw her walk away, both of them knowing that despite their comfortable position, they had to follow her.

They chased after her quietly, seeing a minatour walking through the forest.

"Aslan?" Lucy asked and Peter grabbed her shoulders, covering her mouth as he pulled her back behind a bush where Nick was sitting, still trying to wake herself up.

Lucy stopped struggling when she saw that her captor was Peter as the three looked at the minatour. Peter put a finger to his mouth, signalling them to be quiet as he walked towards it.

Nick cursed him under her breath, sitting with Lucy as they watched him pull his sword out, ready to fight.

"Peter!" Nick called out as she saw a man approaching.

The two started fighting, metal clashing until Peter hit the guy in the face before  continuing the sword fight. Peter pulled the sword from the other persons grips before striking the tree accidentally.

The man kicked him, pushing him over before Nick ran over with her sword in hand, Peter grabbing a rock to hit the guy with.

"No, stop!" Lucy yelled out as she saw other Narnians. Nick put her sword away, watching as Narnians crowded around to look at them.

The man pointed the sword at Peter and Nick and she was about to pull her sword out again when Peter put his hand ontop of hers, stopping her action.

"Prince Caspian?" Peter asked and Nick finally understood.

"Yes, and who are you?" Caspian asked, a slight accent in his voice.

"Peter! Nick!" Susan yelled out as she ran into the clearing with Edmund and Trumpkin. Caspian looked down at the sword in his hands, seeing it was the infamous sword that Father Christmas gave the High King of Narnia.

"High King Peter, High Queen Dominique," he said and Nick sighed.

"Is that what I'm known as, it's Nick, please call me Nick," she said and Peter laughed, looking at Caspian.

"I believe you called," Peter said with a smug face and Caspian looked at the teenage couple in shock.

"Well, yes. But I thought you'd be older," he said and Peter scoffed.

"If you'd like, we could come back in a few years," Nick said sarcastically and Peter chuckled, watching as Caspian protested.

"No, thats alright, you're not exactly what I expected," he said, looking to Susan and Nicks smiled to herself as Susan looked down bashfully. A badgwr nodded his head.