Chapter 10

IT HAD BEEN A WEEK SINCE THEbattle, her wounds were healing but it still didn't feel right

battle, her wounds were healing but it still didn't feel right.

Her and Peter sat in his bed, talking as the sun came up. Suddenly, he pulled out the pouch that Father Christmas gave him, staring at it.

"I know what he meant now, he knew I'd lose you, or think I did," Peter explained, pulling the bag open to reveal a chain necklace with a delicate ring on the end.

He looked on the inside reading it out, "Cume turbantur aslan saliere iubae, et non habetis, iterum vere," he read out from the inside and they smiled at each other.

Nick pulled her ring out from beneath her top and they stared at the identical rings.

"Maybe it makes sense now," she said, both of them smiling at one another.

All of a sudden, Beaver opened the door, face filled with worry.

"Peter! They've taken Nick she's mis-" he said before turning to see her sitting next to Peter.

"Oh, Nick, sorry, was I interrupting anything?" He asked, raising an eyebrow and Nick stood up.

"No, beaver, its fine, what is it?" She asked and he cleared his throat, looking between Nick and Peter.

"We have to get you ready," he said, opening the door and she waved goodbye to Peter before walking out.

"Lay one hand on her, break her heart, and I will break your face," Beaver said, Peter sitting there with a terrified look on his face as Nick was helped by some maids to get ready for the ceremony.

She walked out when she was ready, meeting up with the others as they walked into the throne room of Cair Paravel.

They heard the sound of horns being blow as the five walked into Cair Paravel, Aslan in the middle with the boys on the left and the girls on the right.

Nick wore an almost black cloak and a silver dress with a smile on her face as they saw the five thrones.

They all walked up to their designated seats, Edmund on the far left, then Peter, then Nick, then Susan and then Lucy. Aslan stood inbetween Peter and Nick as he looked out at the crowd of people gathering.

"To the glistening Eastern Sea, I give you Queen Lucy, the Valiant," Aslan said. Mr Tumnus walked through the middle behind Mr and Mrs Beaver.

He picked up a delicate silver laurel crown, placing it on Lucy's head with a smile.

"To the great Western Wood, King Edmund, the Just," Aslan announced, Mr Tumnus placing a silver crown on his head.

Nick smiled as she saw the proud look on his face, she knew he still didn't feel worthy of this after everything and she could only dream of how he felt.