Chapters 12

IT HAD BEEN TEN YEARS

IT HAD BEEN TEN YEARS. TEN YEARS since they stepped foot in Narnia and Nick didn't know what she would do without it.

The 26 year old girl walked back into their bedroom to see Peter pulling his shirt over his head, standing up ready for the day.

"Morning, love," Peter said, walking over to her with a smile. She loved these peaceful mornings with him, just being able to ignore whatever else was going on in Telmar or the Archenland.

He kissed her gently, both of them standing in the morning sunlight before Nick walked to the bedside table.

"Hey, do you know where my ring is?" She asked, turning back to look at him and he flushed red.

"Uhh, they took it to get cleaned,' he explained and Nick nodded her head, going along with it.

"I thought we could go to the beach tonight, just the two of us," he said, holding her hand and Nick nodded her head.

"That sounds lovely," she said, kissing him on the cheek. He grabbed her waist, pulling her in for another kiss as Nick laughed, kissing him back.

Later that day, she sat with the girls outside, apparently they wanted a girls day out but it was really a distraction from Edmund and Peter who were sitting in the office, planning.

"Okay, so tonight you're going to go to the beach and-" Edmund started and Peter sighed.

"When she looks into the distance, I'll get on one knee and propose," he explained, running a hand through his hair worried.

"Hey, its gonna be fine," he said, looking at his brother who was absolutely terrified.

"I know Ed, but we've been together for so long, and I don't want to mess anything up," Peter explained, Edmund mentally face palmed, looking at his brother.

They heard laughs and looked out of the window to see Susan and Lucy talking to Nick.

"Okay. So he invited you to the beach, tonight, just the two of you," Lucy - who was now 19 - asked with a smirk and Nick smiled at her.

"We haven't had a nice romantic night between us for months, at least not since everything going on in the Archelands," she explained, smiling at at a 24 year old Susan.

The girls had grown up together, becoming super close and inseperable on some occasions.

Later that night, she stood in the hallway with Peter before he turned her around.

"No looking," he said, wrapping a smile black piece of cloth around her eyes so she couldn't see. Nick chuckled, blindly letting Peter lead her to the beach.

She could feel the sand inbetween her toes as they walked out onto the beach.

"Just a little further," he mumbled, more to himself than Nick, before he stopped.

"Ta-da," he said as he pulled the blindfold off, letting Nick see the beach.

There was a picnic blanket on the floor and candles all around. Nick gasped as she looked at Peter with a huge smile on her face.

"This is so sweet," she said, sitting down next to him. They had a nice picnic, a bit of wine and a lovely few of the sunset.

After their little romantic dinner, the two stood on the beach, the waves lapping at their feet as they looked out at the sunset.

"Look at that Peter!" She said as she pointed out into the distance at a group of fish. "Peter?" She questioned before turning around to see him on one knee, a box in his hand.

"Dominique Mary Kirke," he said and Nick gasped, tears already welling up in her eyes as she looked at Peter.

Neither of them noticed the three other Pevensies watching from the top of the cliff, smiling at how adorable the couple were.

"I have loved you since we watched the sunsets in Narnia, and I don't know what I'd do without you," he said, tears in his eyes as he tried to not to get too emotional. But Nick was already crying, looking down at him with a smile and a shocked face.

"I want to wake up with you every morning and love you every single day," he said, opening the ring case to see her ring from that morning had been cleaned and placed in the box. "So will you do me the honour of becoming my wife, the High Queen of Narnia," he asked and Nick nodded her head, pulling him up and into a hug.

She cried happily into his shoulder, pulling him close against her.

Peter reluctantly pulled away, slipping the ring onto her wedding finger. She had been wearing the ring around her neck for too long and now it was where it belonged.

Peter put the ring box back in his pocket, looking up at Nick who was admiring the ring before she looked at him.

She placed both of her hands on his cheeks, pulling him in for a kiss as they stood in the dimming sunlight.

This was the perfect night and the best night of her entire life.

They pulled apart, both grinning as he rested his forehead against forehead against hers.

"I love you so much," she whispered and he smiled, pressing a soft kiss to her lips.

"I love you too," he replied.

"How does it look?" She asked, looking up at him through her eyelashes as she showed him the ring. He watched as she smiled at the ring around her finger that he had been waiting to give her for weeks.

"Perfect," he said, his voice an octave lower than normal. Nick bit her lip, pulling him closer to her as she ran her fingers down his back, the wedding ring tickling his back.

"I love you so much," he whispered, kissing down her collarbone.

"Pete," she giggled, holding tight as he picked her up and spun her around slightly.

1087 words