fuck feeling bad

Emma's POV

She stares in a sort of daze, then she suddenly burst out in a fit of laughter.
I watch her with an focused expression.

When she finally calms down she takes a deep breath.

"Oh sorry, you have a very refreshing sense of humor. " She says smiling brightly.

"Thanks , you have a very enchanting laugh. "  I tell her.

She looks taken aback for a minute.

"Oh, uh.. thank you" she blushes and looks down, holding back a smile.

Cute. The voice says softly.

I step closer to her and lift her chin up.

"How old are you? " I ask in a whisper.

"Twenty-  five" she whispers back.

"Hmmm, you're so young"

She looks down and scrunches up her nose

"So are you."  She mumbles and pouts.

I laugh out loud.

"Yeah , I am huh? I guess I'm like a fetus and you're a newborn."

She laughs again and it makes me laugh. We both just stand there laughing.

When we both settle down I hear a loud thump and a groan. Regina looks towards the door, breaking our eye contact.

The voice wines. Make her look back at us.

"Looks like David's in trouble, I'll go help."  I say and she turns her attention back to me.

Yay!

"Alright, I'll get started on dinner then." She smiles one last time and walks away into the kitchen.

I open the door to find David sprawled out on the porch with one big suitcase on top of him. Eyes closed, and tounge out. Making a very dramatic expression.

I chuckle and give him a gentle nudge with my foot.

"Uh, Emma i- is that you?" He says faking sickness.

"Yes David it's me."

"Ah! I think I broke my back.. hmf yep it's definitely broken. Tell Regina unless she wants to take me to the hospital only her famous lasagna can heal me." He says as if he's actually on his deathbed.

"Well good news, she's already in the kitchen." I smile down at him.

He opens one eye and emediatly springs up.

"Woohoo! You're in for a treat Emma. Regina's the best cook in the world." He picks up the luggage and zooms right past me.

"For someone who was near death a minute ago you're really full of life!" I yell after him.

"That's the magic of the sacred lasagna!" He shouts back laughing like a maniac.

I chuckle and close the door.

He really would have made a good father. If only I didn't want his wife. I think to myself.

This family is really happy, and I almost start to feel bad for planning to ruin it.

But then Regina comes out the kitchen with her hair ties up and takes me by the hand.

"Will you help me Emma?"

Fuck feeling bad.