/𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛/

"Y/n, smile for the camera sweetie!"

I looked up from the burning candles and put on a big smile for my mom. I had a birthday hat strapped onto my head, the string was a bit tight, digging into my cheeks.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you.." Everyone began singing.

My aunts, my uncles, grandma and grandpa, everyone was here. I sat at the dinner table, a big pink decorated cake that had the number '8' imprinted on it with blue icing. Exactly 7 candles could be found on the cake, we didn't have enough for 8.

"Happy birthday to Y/nnn, happy birthday to you!" They all finished and began clapping their hands together, big smiles on their faces.

"Go on sweetie, make your wish!" My mom nodded.

I looked to the side, past all the relatives and into the living room next door. All I could see was my dad, shirtless while watching the football game. A half empty bottle of beer in his hand with a dead expression across his face.

"Make your wish!" Everyone began chanting.

Eventually the voices faded out, nothing but the ringing sound of silence filled my ears.

"Make a wish Y/n." I repeated to myself.
"Make a wish it's not that hard."
"Everyones waiting to cut open the cake just make a wish!"

"Y/n." A voice called, echoing through my head.

"Y/n." It repeated, getting louder and louder.

-

"Y/n?"

My eyes shot open and immediately sat up from my laying position.

"Hey, you okay?" George asked calmly, grasping onto my hand gently and rubbing his thumb against my wrist.

"Uhm- bad dream I guess." I sighed, running my hand down my face.

"You were tossing and turning a lot last night." He said quietly.

"Just... a bad dream." I repeated, laying back down in his arms.

His hands wrapped around my body,holding me close. His chin rested on my head as he rubbed my back with his thumb. I couldn't help but smile lightly to myself, nuzzling my face again this chest.

"Happy birthday love" He whispered, running his fingers through my hair.

"Thankyou." I smiled, picking my head up from his chest and kissing him lightly on the lips.

"I have some special things planned for today, you up for them?" He asked, picking my chin up to look at him.

I nodded again, earning a soft smile to form on his lips. He kissed me one last time on the forehead and released me from his arms. I watched as he walked over to his closet and throwing a t shirt over him before heading towards the door.

"I'm gonna make you breakfast, but it has to be a surprise, stay up here." He grinned, his hand on the doorknob.

"Don't poison my food." I laughed. He shook his head while smiling and walked out the door, closing it behind him.

I sunk back down into the covers, taking in the last bit of sleepiness I had. I wore George's oversized t shirt and some shorts, the shirt hung halfway down my thigh. George always tells me I look good in it but I just say I look like a little boy.