/𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑥/

I woke up that morning with dried tear stains under my eyes. I fell asleep listening to his song on repeat. Each and every line spoke to me. I felt like I need to get out of here. I need to go back to Florida. I need to see George.

I picked up my phone and read some missed texts.

Three Missed Texts

Niki- hey:) how are you doing today? Wanna go shopping later?

Alex- good morning hoe

Georgie- Goodmorning:] Did you like the song?

I laughed slightly at George's text, immediately replying.

Me- it was lovely:)

I hit send and scrolled through and replied to others messages(ignoring Alex's)

I finally got out of bed and headed downstairs. Aunt Mary was sat at the table, reading through the newspaper. When she noticed me come down she immediately greeted me with a tight hug.

"I heard you went to bed upset last night." She said, still holding me tightly.

"Yeah, just a fight with mom, nothing big." I wheezed, she was basically crushing my lungs.

"Oh she's a handful alright. I remember when we were younger, she always blamed stuff on me, when she knew herself that it was her fault. She's great at lying yknow." She laughed, releasing her grasp.

I nodded slowly and went to grab some cereal. Makes sense, mom really does like to blame other people. It might've not been her fault but she had no right to pin this all on me.

I was putting my dirty dish in the sink when I heard my moms footsteps coming down the stairs. Without looking at her I walked right past her and up the stairs. I could tell she looked back at me with a glum frown. I really could care less.

I got to my room and got dressed. I put on some simple baggy jeans with an oversized Nirvana shirt. I topped it off with a chain around my neck and my hair into a messy pony.

My shoes stomped against the steps as I went down the stairs. I went through the kitchen and grabbed the keys from the counter again.

"Where are you going now??" Mom called sternly.

"Out."

I closed the front door and headed for the car. It was a peaceful drive to Nikis apartment. Our plan was to pick her up and then head to the mall. Possibly meet up with Minx and others.

A bright red light caused my car to come to a halt. I rest my fore arm out the window, letting my hand dangle. The warm sun hit my skin, sending comfort through my body.

The light turned green and I started down the road again. I pulled into an apartment complex parking lot and texted Niki I was here. Not even 5 minutes later, she came out of the door and ran up and into my car.

"Hi! You ready?" She smiled, tucking her blonde hair behind her ears.

As we started down the road she asked me how it was going with George.

"He sent me a song last night.. I cant stop thinking about it."

"What song?"

"Hey There Delilah. It's beautiful."

"That song makes me sad." She smiled softly, sitting back in her seat.

The rest of the car ride to the mall was full of laughter and karaoke. Palm trees zooming past us as we drove down the smooth road. The windows were rolled down, letting our hair fly around.