♠ Seven

All night Amy had been awake. She couldn't sleep. No matter how hard she tried, she just couldn't drift off at all. All she could think about was Adam's words. Those words he'd practically growled in her ear. How close he'd been to her. The fact he'd twisted his fingers in her hair and yanked it, eliciting a yelp out of her. She tossed and turned all night, doing her best not to wake Zoe up. What would have happened if Kelsey hadn't walked in? Would Amy have given into the animalistic emotion that had been radiating between the both of them? She sighed in frustration, opening her eyes and peered into the darkness of the room. She scuttled past Zoe, reaching for her phone and checking the time. 4:15am. There was no way she was going to be able to sleep, so as quietly as she could she tiptoed around the room, collecting her shower things before creeping out of the bedroom. Her eyes darted instantly to Adam's room, to make sure he was still in his room. Quickly she made her way into the bathroom, shutting the door as discreetly as possible. Running the shower and stripping off her clothes, Amy hopped into the shower, hoping to wash away the filth of the previous night. The last two encounters she'd had with Adam was making her question EVERYTHING. Questioning how she felt about him- she dipped her head under the water, allowing it to run over her face. She wanted to wash it all away. The guilt, the pleasure, the confusion. It was burning in her brain, the look in his eyes, it was pure lust. His movements had been like a predator after it's prey. She couldn't make his words vanish. 

'You like being called a dirty slut?' That's all she could hear, all she could hear was the crude comments coming out of his mouth. His dirty slut, those were his words. Amy let the water sink into her skin, remembering the last time Adam barged into the bathroom. Why did it feel wrong but good? She still had to speak to Zoe after the stunt she pulled. Seconds, minutes past and she finally got out of the shower. Drying herself off and wrapped the towel around her, taking a deep breath and opening the door. Her eyes closed as her whole body tensed. Adam's door was wide open, she could hear him tottering around in the kitchen. Deep breaths Amy, deep breaths she mentally told herself. Walking across the apartment, she avoided looking in Adam's direction. Praying he didn't see her, but of course, he did. And he absolutely made sure he knew Amy knew. 

'Bit early for a shower isn't it?' She pressed her lips together, exhaling silently as she turned to face him. His hair was tousled,  wearing nothing but a pair of sweats. Amy swallowed hard, averting her eyes from his bare chest. She'd seen him shirtless plenty of times, and she'd been able to check him out without any guilt. But now was a whole different ball game. Things had changed, like shit had shifted immensely. 

'I couldn't sleep' Amy confessed, gripping onto her towel tightly. He swigged the water out the glass, not taking his eyes off Amy. Silence was thick between them and she wanted to run back into the bedroom, because she was afraid of what she might do. Adam removed himself from the kitchen, making his way over to her. 

'Any reason why, doll?' He mused, closing the space between them. Amy's breath hitched, but luckily Adam didn't catch that. 

'Got a lot on my mind, apartment hunting and all that' Amy lied through her teeth. She was blatantly lying, because the real reason she couldn't sleep was because she couldn't get Adam Sackler out of her fucking mind. 

'Anything else?' He murmured, letting his head drop to reach Amy's level. 

'What's your game Sackler?' Amy asked, without letting her brain register what her mouth was saying. 

'Who said I was playing a game?' He spoke in a hushed tone, his eyes piercing into her eyes. Fuck, was all she could think. 

'You-' Amy cleared her throat, pushing the glaring awareness that all she had wrapped around her body was a towel.