Coming Home

On the flight home to LA, Angel and Chris fell asleep. I sat wide awake thinking about all the ways breaking this news to my dad could go.
When we made it to my dad's house, my brother was sitting on the porch with his girlfriend.

"Jenni!" I heard Ana screamed before she came running for me.

"Annie!!" I yelled back as I ran and our chests crashed into each other.

"God, I've missed you gorgeous!"

"Well, get used to it because you'll be seeing a lot less of me."

"Oh, I'm sure you won't be touring that much!" She giggled as I shook my head. I will tell everyone all at once at dinner tonight. They'll be so surprised.

After Ana was done squeezing the life at of me, I introduced her to Chris who was holding Angel. She sent me a wink as an approval of Chris before she grabbed angel and started spinning with him. Those two had an adorable relationship. My brother hugged me from the side as I watched the two spin around.

"How's life monster?"

"Pretty good. I've got a big announcement for you guys." I smiled up at him.

"Bet you I know what it is."

"Bet you dont."

"You're moving in with him." he whispered down to me.

"Wait, how'd you know?"

"I gave Chris my number for emergencies the day you left. He kept in contact with me letting me know about everything, including the two dipshits in the bathroom and Tony The Sperm Donor showing up. He called me the day you left and asked would I think it be a good idea for you and Angel to move in with him. He explained to me and dad how he felt about you and dad and I both told him it'd be a great idea. We knew you'd accept."

"Well then, I guess Ana will be the only surprised one tonight."

"And mom."

"She's here?"

"She's coming for dinner tonight." He rolled his eyes.

"Why?"

Now don't get me wrong, I love my mother, and I forgive her, but I don't feel like dealing with her. I want to just be happy and enjoy life.

"She wanted to see us. She apparently misses being a mother."

I just shook my head as Chris and Ana walked up with Angel.

Chris walked right over to me and wrapped his arms around me from the side opposite of where Robert was standing.

"Ready to pack gawjus?" He whispered in my ear. I let out a soft laugh before looking up at him.

"Why didn't you tell me my brother and dad already knew?"

"I knew you'd find out sooner or later." he shrugged. I shook my head and smiled as we all walked inside to find Angel tackling my dad in a hug.