Missing Home

Evie's adjusting the back of a long blue gown that Rain is modelling for her, Rain bites her lip in pain "Okay Evie, I cannot breathe," She lifts Rain's left arm up and looks at her from under it.

"Well, you can breathe after Cotillion," she starts messing with the long skirt.

"Fun," Rain sings

"Well, I sincerely doubt that. I have at least 20 more events directly behind it, and I can't even remember what a single one of them is," Rain goes to play with her hair, but everything is neatly tucked away.

"Impeccable," Evie ignores her and Rain stops herself from rolling her eyes.

Many people laugh, but also feel bad about how Rain was being ignored.

Rain stares at herself in the mirror, the dress was gorgeous...but it wasn't her "Er...don't you think this dress is very..." Rain tries to find a way to phrase it without offending Evie "Auradon-y?"

"Auradon-y?" Evie laughs "You're going to a Cotillion, of course its Auradon-y!"

"I just don't think blue is my colour...or yellow for that matter,"

"Anything that's not red or black?" Lonnie asks

"Yeah, basically," Rain shrugs, smiling.

"Rain..." Evie takes Rain's hands in her own, looking into her eyes "You look stunning, and it's not just because of my dress," Rain smiles "You are going to look brilliant,"

"That's self-confidence," Jane mutters

"I mean, her dresses are nice..." Audrey admits and everyone looks at her, shocked by the compliment.

"Thank you..." Rain smiles, but then quickly blurts out "But do you think you could just change the flowers?" Evie raises an unimpressed eyebrow

The VK's laugh and Evie looks annoyed.

"Just some dark red, or dark pink! I'd be happy with dark pink!" they stare at each other for a while and Rain's eyes start gradually turning blue, Evie notices and sighs.

"That will always be cool," Jay mutters

"Fine! I can add some darker colours...maybe some black if you're lucky,"

"Thank you! I love you!" Rain gives her a hug and Evie smiles, turning away to fiddle with some fabrics and Rain turns back as well, looking around the room.

"Evie?" Rain asks quietly as she stares at a coat hanger in the corner with three leather jackets hung up, there were two of Mal's purple ones, but behind them was a familiar burgundy shade.

"Hmm?"

"Do you ever think about what we'd be doing if we were back on the Isle right now?"

"That's a weird question to ask," Lonnie notes and Ben looks down at his girlfriend who sinks into the sofa.

"That's funny," Evie laughs slightly

"It wasn't a joke..." Rain gets ignored again as the familiar news sound makes Evie look up

"Why's she not listening to her?" Jane asks and Evie looks down in almost shame.

"Ah! Look who's on TV," She drags Rain off the podium and onto her bed.

"As the royal couple continues their tour of the kingdom, they dined with Aladdin and Jasmine," the TV shows Rain attempting to avoid spitting out her drink as she laughs "Six months ago..."