Chapter 10 (part 1)

BRYCE'S POV

Masaya naman ang dinner...

kahit nandoon si Ollie. 

Kung bakit sinama ni Keely yang tao na yan, hindi ko alam. Buti na lang hindi siya lumapit kay Natalie. 

... 

It's Christmas morning. The snow covered the front of the house and it meant na dito lang kami ni Natalie sa loob. 

It was okay with me. At least I get to spend time with my wife. 

Speaking of Natalie, I saw my gift under the tree. I already opened it and saw that it was the camera na binili namin para kay Noah. 

I chuckled. My wife really loved surprising me. Even before. 

Pumunta ako sa kitchen and cooked for her her breakfast. I always did her favorites: omelets, bacon, toasted bread and butter. For her drinks, I squeezed fresh oranges and brewed strong coffee for her. And a Christmas breakfast won't be complete without my mom's baked "Santa Cookies," cookies na puro fruits ang pang-design. 

I placed them carefully in a tray with my gift and, with the camera around my neck, I went up to our room. 

Natalie was peacefully sleeping on the bed. I carefully made my way inside the room and placed the tray on the nearest table. Lumuhod ako sa harap ni Natalie and I began snapping pictures of her asleep. 

On my fifth shot, her eyes were open and she was smiling at me. I chuckled and sat cross-legged on the floor before her. 

"Good morning." I said with a smile. 

"Good morning." she replied. 

"Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas." 

Umupo na siya. I stood and placed the tray on her lap. She laughed nang makita niya si Santa Claus sa isang platito. 

"Ang cute naman nito." she told me. 

I snapped another picture of her. I continued taking her pictures and only stopped when she reached out to get my gift. 

I placed the camera down and watched her open it. 

When finally had it all opened, she looked at me. "Ano 'to?" she asked. 

I smiled. "Love, that's our wedding video."

...

Sinet-up ko ang TV sa sala at linagay ko ang CD sa player. I settled on the couch and, without me knowing, sumiksik si Natalie sa gilid ko. I let my arm drape on the couch, afraid na baka ma-offend ko si Natalie kung hahawakan ko siya kung saan-saan. 

"Wedding video lang 'to?" she asked. 

"Hindi lahat. Merong bachelor party, pre-wedding photoshoot, pati na rin ang ibang personal messages nila para sayo." I replied. 

"Ito ba yung ginagawa mo sa office mo?" 

I smiled. "Oo. Ito yon."

My face came up on the TV. 

"Hello, love. Before natin simulan 'to, I'd like you to hear some of our friend's messages for you." I said. 

"Natalie! Balik na sana ang memory mo! Kawawa naman 'tong asawa mo! Kung hindi mo na matandaan, akin na lang, ha? Joke lang! Mahal ka niyan e! Basta stay as you are. Remember, Bryce will take care of you. Sabihan mo na lang ako pag hindi ka inalagaan ng mokong na yan, okay? I love you, baby girl!"