✧ fifty-one ✧

Got a heavy case of writers block but a decent chapter is better than none ❤️❤️❤️✨

"I can't believe I'm doing this." Liv spoke to herself, getting out of her Audi and making her way towards the coffee shop. The sun was setting, making Liv realize it might not have been smart to go to a coffee shop this late. She sent a brief look back at her car, catching Schlatt's eye. He gave her a cheesy thumbs up, making her roll her eyes. If there was one thing for sure, it was that she was not going to meet up with her father by herself.

Entering the coffee shop, the scent of freshly ground coffee beans and vanilla filled her nostrils. The breeze from opening the door blew her dark hair off her shoulders, making her tug her green army jacket up higher on her neck. She was wearing black ripped jeans and a Supreme tshirt with some fancy Jordans on her feet. Ignoring her anxiety, she immediately went to the counter to order a London Fog. Standing and waiting for her order, she took the time to scan the café.

In the corner is where her father sat. Her breath caught in her throat, remembering the secrets he had told her about their family. The family Liv thought he had left without an explanation.

He wore a casual outfit of jeans and a plain tshirt, his feet still wearing fancy-ish shoes. His dark hair laid flat on his forehead and the line between his brows seemed even more pronounced in the light of the coffee shop. The stoic, intimidating expression on his face was still there.

Finally grabbing her drink, she took careful steps towards her father's table. When he looked up, his face was overtook with a smile. He got up to greet her before reading the situation, then sat back down. She inwardly cringed, but didn't show it.

The chair underneath Liv was cold, sending a shiver throughout her body. Or maybe it was the nerves and anxiety she was feeling.

"I'm glad you agreed to meet me." Her father, David, finally spoke up. There was caution in his voice, as if not wanting to say the wrong thing. Liv tried her best to breath calmly, analyzing his body language and voice patterns.

"I figured you deserve that much." Liv said. Was that mean, she wondered? She briefly overthought the whole sentence, before David chuckled lightly. He had a cup in his hands as well, with steaming caramel colored liquid.

"I forgot how sassy you were." He spoke in a nostalgic voice, his eyes glazing over with memories. Liv wanted to snort, and retort something sarcastic. She held back.

"It's one of my best features." She chirped, sounding a bit too casual.

A silence hung in the air. While David looked down at his cup, Liv turned and looked out the front window of the coffee shop. Schlatt sat in her car with his whole body turned facing them. She fought the urge to roll her eyes again. He was so nosy, but she didn't regret making him come with her. She desperately wanted Corpse to come, but he needed to edit a stream to post on his channel.

"When did your-" David cleared his throat. "When did your brother pass?"

Gathering the courage to speak up proved to be kind of difficult.

"Three months ago." Liv was estimating, her mind was hazy from the trauma of losing her brother. Those days had blurred together and she could barely remember, or maybe she just didn't want to.

She heard David curse under his breath.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't... God, I am so sorry, Liv." He broke, his voice cracking and his expression crumbling. He was quick to level his emotions when Liv caught his eye.

What was she supposed to say? Fuck, she was bad at this. If she forgives him, is all her anger and frustration over the years for nothing? Liv felt stubborn and stuck in her ways, having to keep her walls up.