7- Turd of a cat

The girls moved the sofa to the side to make room on the floor. Collecting all the blankets and pillows they had access too, they arranged them so they could relax on the floor together wile they ate. Jasper quickly made himself comfortable right in the most awkward place for everyone else.

Changing out of their clothes being to much effort, they instead opted on just removing their bras and shoes, chucking them on the chair were the coats lay.

They talked well into the night discussing anything that popped into their minds (though dew to recent events it was mostly about Quidditch).

When the noise outside changed,Ma moved to poke her head out to see what was happening wile Max and Rox were busy fighting over the last marshmallow.

"Top hats!" They all froze. Ma had just yelled top hats. To anyone else that would never have made sense but the girls quickly stood and grabbed their wands, marshmallow left long forgotten on the floor.
Mimi scooped Jasper up in her arms and quickly ran out of the tent.

"Death eaters. Charlotte you do not under any circumstances let go of my hand. Head for the woods. Stay close." They follow Ma's instructions. They sprint to the cover of the forest, away from the cloaked figures who were causing destruction.

Even when they reached the trees they didn't stop running. Jaspers claws were digging uncomfortably into Mila's shoulder, tree branches whipped her arms and legs as she ran and the cold was making it more painful.

Mimi not having any coordination tripped over a protruding tree root and a panicked Jasper dashed from her arms.
Not bothering to even look at her dirty skinned knees she instead ran after Jasper without a seconds thought.

She desperately started calling out for Jasper and pushed her legs to go faster. A thicker branch caught her face and she could feel the sting of a fresh cut tingle on her cheek.

She didn't care about how plants were getting caught in her hair or how sticks and thorns where digging into her bear feet or how tears had started streaming down her face as her voice grew more desperate. She cared about Jasper.

By the time she had reached the edge of the woods were the stadium was looming over her she fell to her knees. Pain shot up her legs and she was reminded that they were injured. Wiping her still falling tears, she shakily scrambled to her feet.

Seeing a large figure make its way towards her she tried to calm her raspy panting into steady breathing.

From the figures arms, wide amber eyes blink at her. When an unmistakable meow reached her ears she almost broke down again.

"Jasper, you turd of a cat, don't run off like that!" A short meow was given back in return.
"Shut up. I feel like I'm about to pass out because of you." Jasper kept quiet this time.

"He is yours?" Mimi almost had a heart attack. She had forgotten about the person holding her cat and was definitely not expecting a voice that deep with such a strong accent.

"Merlin." Mimi finally sighed out after she composed herself. She reached into her pocket and drew out her wand, it's blue glow not doing much to combat the darkness.

"What are you doing?" The deep voice spoke again stopping her in her tracks.
" giving us some light, I can't see a damn thing." Mila went to light the tip of her wand but a large hand engulfed her own.
"Don't" He said it in such a commanding voice that the best Mimi could do was to let out a quiet 'okay'

Slowly taking his hand back Mila could see its silhouette move to pet Jasper. "Why did you bring a cat to the World Cup?"

"I'm being picked up straight from the Portkey tomorrow so I kinda had to." Mimi could see the outline of his head nod slowly.

"What's your name?" Mimi asked. She waited so long she thought he hadn't herd her. She was just about to repeat the question when he slowly said his name.
"...Viktor Krum..." there was a pause.
"Really?" He let out a small sigh.
"How's your head?" Apparently that was not what he was expecting her to say.

He took out his own wand and lit it. They both squinted in the sudden light and by the time her eyes adjusted Viktor Krum was already eyeing her with curiosity.

There were fresh cuts and bruises adding to the collection that was already marking her skin. Her hair was wild with a leaf sticking out of it and her eyes were red and puffy from crying.
"What is your name?" He asked.

"Mila Godfrey." She sent him a wide smile that quickly fell dew to the stinging in her cheek. Lifting her hand she started poking at the cut, trying to figure out how bad it was.

"Why are you so calm?" He looked completely surprised that the girl in front of him wasn't freaking out because of how she looked or who he was.
"You ask a lot of questions, don't you? Shouldn't I be calm?"

"Normal people in this situation would be worried about the leaf in their hair." Plucking said leaf from her tangled brown hair he looked down to meat her kind eyes.

"Leafs sticking out of my hair is a common occurrence... and in truth I'm far from normal." One hand was scratching the back of her neck and the other, still containing her wand, ruffled through her hair. A sheepish smile fell on her face as a small blush went to rest with her freckles across her noes and cheeks.

The side of his mouth quirked up slightly almost convincing Mila that he could smile.

Mimi cursed under her breath when her bracelet burned her skin. She had ignored it for too long. When the girls communicate through the bracelets the others grow warm to inform them. She hadn't even realise it was growing warmer and the gem was glowing like her wand until it had physically hurt her.

Muttering obscenities under her breath she held her finger to the gem. Immediately Ma's panicked voice was yelling through it. Viktor let out a soft chuckle as she quickly removed her finger dew to how loud it was.

"As beautiful as your laugh is, I'm about to get my ass beaten so I'd appreciate if you would stay quiet." His face turned a light shade of red and he silently watched her put her finger back onto the gem.

"Ma! Shut up! I'm okay. Don't worry, you can chill now." Apparently she wasn't meant to say that either.

"Mimi, where are you?" Ma said in a sickly sweet voice.
She glance at Viktor "by... the stadium..." she managed to force out. Then it went quiet.