2- Jelly legs

In Mimi's opinion it probably would have been easier if they hadn't slept at all. After two hours of; burned toast, lost wands, too hot showers, missing clothes, forgotten second cups of coffee and struggling to put Jasper (Mila's cat) on a lead to make sure he didn't wander, the girls were finally ready to leave.

The sun had started to rise not too long ago. When the girls turned back to wave at Mr and Mrs Philip they could hardly see them through the dazzling rays of sun being cast down onto them in the early morning air.

Mimi pulled her bag into a more comfortable position on her back. All of there rucksacks had been charmed to fit more and weigh less by Ma.

Ma not only had her rucksack but also what the girls liked to call the everything bag. It was a reasonably average sized shoulder bag in a plain black with no pockets. It was called the everything bag because the girls believed that Ma had absolutely everything in it. Its what came with being the mum friend.

Jasper let out a meow when Mimi started tripping over her own feet, paying more attention to putting her ABBA cassette, Charlie had gotten for her for Christmas the year before, into the player than walking.

Soon the girls were in a much better mood as they danced towards a small park to the beat of dancing queen, where a Portkey was waiting for them.

By the time I have a dream came on for the second time, Mimi's legs were starting to ache. She was carrying Jasper at this point and he was snoozing peacefully in her arms. She was surprise he lasted as long as he did because of all the hills but he must have been in a good mood.

Max, however, could not relate.
She was terrible with mornings and was having trouble keeping up with Ma's long legs.

Ma was the tallest standing around 6'1 and was mostly leg. She easily dwarfed all her friends. Because of her height and her long curly red hair she acted as a beacon for the others when in crowds. Max was only 5 foot and wasn't used to doing so much exercise.

"Can you slow down? My legs are about to fall off and my shoulder hurts!"
Max had started complaining. It was to be expected but they were almost there. Mimi was surprised Rox hadn't said anything yet but she was preoccupied singing with ABBA.

"If we slow down the Portkey will leave without us. And your shoulder is your own fault, I told you not to hold your bag on one shoulder. Did you listen? No." Was Ma's response. It was true she'd told them all just before they left to 'use both straps on your bag or your back will never forgive you'.

Max couldn't do much but grumble and glare at Jasper with eyes filled with envy as he woke up and made his way over Mimi's shoulder to sit on top of her bag.

Her muttering of 'wish I was a cat' came to a stop when Charlie pulled out a bag of sweets and threw one at her.

Ma took out bottles of water from her bag and passed them out. The girls were more interested in singing into them as if they were microphones than actually drinking them. Only after Mimi's foot got stuck in a rabbit hole, because she once again wasn't paying attention to where she was going, did the girls start to calm down and actually drink their water.

When they reached the top of the final hill all of them were panting heavily and Max was ready to collapse where she was. Mimi had never been so relieved to see a deflated old football.

Giving her cat and bag to Ma, Mimi laid on the ground and started to roll. When she was at the bottom of the hill her clothes were crumpled and covered in grass stains.

By the time the others had reached her, Mimi was stood up and brushing muck off the worn out knees of her jeans. Charlie waved a photo in her face of all the girls at the top of the hill smiling at the camera but Ma had positioned it so you could see a blurred Mimi rolling in the background.

After Charlie claimed they should each have a version of the photo framed in their colour and Ma saying she would do it when they got there, the girls started getting ready.

Everything that was taken out during the journey was hastily shoved back into bags and Jasper was safely zipped up in Mila's jacket with his fluffy black and white head poking out of the top tickling her chin. After everyone double checked they had there wands and bracelets and that there bags were closed properly they laid down.

Max and Rox laid on their fronts, arms tightly tangled together, bags pressing into there backs, free hands resting on the football.
Ma and Charlie laid on their sides facing each other. One arm wrapped around the others body, the other reaching to grab the Portkey.
Mimi looked over everyone's giddy faces before laying down herself. She secured her arm tightly around the wiggly lump in her jacket and reached out for the Portkey just like the rest of her friends.

Everyone waited anxiously for what felt like years. Then Ma gave the 30 second warning. Her eyes were glued to Rox's watch that rested to her right.

" Five. Four. Three. Two..."