5- Coloured coats

When Ma finally walked back into the tent the tips of her ears were red and she had a dazed look on her face. It took a full three seconds for them to place Ma on the sofa and the rest of them to sit around her feet, eagerly waiting. Jasper made himself comfortable in Ma's lap.

"When Max left we went to walk around, you know? We talked about lodes of stuff and he was telling me about all these dragons he works with, right?" Four heads nodded

"And I may have been distracted looking at his arms... and I fell!" Gasps filled the room.
"But he caught me!" Squeals filled the room.
"And when we went to walk back he held my hand saying he didn't want me falling over again. So we held hands as he walked me back and here I am."

As soon as they knew the story was finished all the girls burst into chatter. They spoke in what seemed like a different language. It didn't consist of actual words and was so fast and loud that someone like Amos in the next tent over would never have been able to tell what they were talking about.

With this as the topic of their conversation, time flew by. Dusk was soon settling in and the girls had changed their cardigans and jackets to coats that were coloured red or green by Charlie. Face paint was touched up and wands were stuffed into pockets.

Mimi was dangling the end of her Ireland scarf in front of Jasper who was attempting to claw at it and Rox was bouncing on the balls of her feet, babbling on about all the different players.

Max and Mimi were supporting Ireland. They had green coats on and face paint to match. Max had even coloured some of the strands of her blond bob to a bright green.

Ma and Rox were supporting Bulgaria. Their coats were red and so was their face paint. Both girls had their hair in braids with red ribbon weaved into them. Ma had complained that it clashes with her hair terribly, but still wore it so they could match.

Charlie was just confused. Not knowing enough about quidditch and being terrible with decisions, she had stollen one of Mimi's old Jerseys and pinned back some of her boyish hair with a snitch clip as a substitute.

The tent grew unbearable to stay in. In an attempt to escape the stuffy air, the girls said goodbye to Jasper and filed out it the tent flap. Mimi was practically vibrating with excitement. There were saleswizards everywhere and hundreds of people were dawdling by there tents, anticipation radiating from every person.

Excited chatter filled the crisp air. People were rushing to bye last minute souvenirs or scurrying around looking for people.

A long quavering note of a gong being struck glided around the hundreds of people. It was time.

"Has everyone got everything?" Ma asked and after the girls did a pat down making sure they had everything they needed and Ma had 4 positive responses, they headed towards the forest.

The girls made a chain, grasping on to hands so they wouldn't get lost. They followed the stream of people towards the woods, where a trail of red and green lights had been lit to guide the way to the stadium.

All the red and green reminded Mimi of Christmas. Joining in with the occasional song the crowd of people were singing and having short conversations with total strangers, they were at the entrance in no time.

Their faces were starting to hurt from all the laughing but that didn't stop them from shooting dazzling smiles at the ministry wizard who checked there tickets and directed them towards their seats.

When they had climbed almost halfway up the stadium they started looking for their seats, finding them closer to the Irish goal posts.

Mila wasn't scared of heights, she had conquered that fear when she had started playing quidditch herself in her third year. She couldn't say the same for Charlie.

Poor Charlie had never been good with heights. Mimi had taken her flying on her broom once and she couldn't get 10 feet of the ground without panicking.
So when Mila leaned over the rail to get a better look at how many people there were, Charles buried her face that was unnaturally pale into Rox's arm.

Max started talking to the girl seated next to her who had a thick Irish accent and was decked out from top to bottom in green. They were quickly introducing themselves and were eyeing each other with curiosity.

"Ladies and gentlemen... welcome! Welcome to the final of the four hundred and twenty-second Quidditch World Cup!" Ludo Bagman the commentator paused to let the thousands of fans make as much noise as they possibly could. Charlie had removed herself from Rox and was looking a lot less pale now.

Max grabbed Mimi and they yelled in each other's faces. The Irish girl found this hilarious and had to hold on to Max to stop herself from falling over with laughter.

"And now without further ado, allow me to introduce... the Bulgarian team mascots!" Max, along with the Irish girl, stuffed their fingers in their ears the second a hundred Veela glided onto the pitch. What the girls didn't expect was Rox to join them.

When the Veela had finished there dance and it was safe for them to unplug their ears Ma was the first to speak. "I thought you were straight?"
"Yeah, about as straight as a slinky when it comes to Veela."

Max was to busy having a yelled conversation with the Irish girl. Mimi wouldn't be surprise if they announced their engagement before the match even started.

When the noise had settled a touch, Ludo Bagman continued "And now, kindly put your wands in the air... for the Irish national team mascots!" The girls cheered as leprechauns sawed over them, showering them in gold.

"And now, ladies and gentlemen, kindly welcome - the Bulgarian national quidditch team! I give you - Dimitrov! Ivanova! Zograf! Levski! Vulchanov! Volkov! Aaaaaand - Krum!"